Could Tampa Draft Mariota?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by mike75, Apr 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I feel the same...a franchise that's uncertain about ownership..coming off a 2-14 season doesn't need the headache though

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I wonder if #2s value increases if it's for Winston v Mariota?

3. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

I'm confused on the number 2 pick and between the QB's I kinda prefer Mariota but I think the Bucs picking Mariota first may be great for Winston. I feel that Winston may buckle down and focus extra hard if Tampa bypasses him. Just like he comes back in games when he's down , he could have a heck of a chip on his shoulder and that would be great if we picked him.

4. Rudad

Rudad Starter

Winston seems like a Vince young. Doesn't want to work and it's all about him. Really don't want him on Titans. Mariota maybe not from pro style offense but dude has the work ethic and humbleness of character. Also has rare athletic ability to move around in pocket and make plays downfield with his arm.

#74 Rudad, Apr 11, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2015
    • High Five High Five x 2
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I would think so

6. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

So you want us to draft another Locker. I don't care about off the field. I only care about winning. I think Winston gives the best shot to do that.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Rudad

Rudad Starter

Mariota not locker. Locker completion percentage was barely above 50 in college. Mariota way better than that. Also watch Mariota move in pocket to throw . When does have to run he slides to get down . They not the same.

8. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

With Winston's own family attorney putting out comments against him might be looking more like Mariota goes #1. If he does do you want Winston or Williams at 2?

9. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I initially wanted Williams but if that were to happen I'd trade out

10. Rudad

Rudad Starter

Benjamin Allbright and Ira Kaufmann came out this week and said with certainty it would be Winston.

Benjamin Allbright @AllbrightNFL
    · Apr 10
    Jameis Winston WILL be the #Bucs pick, per source. It’s a done deal. Did what they consider due diligence to be sure.

Ira Kaufman @IKaufmanTBO
    · Apr 11
    Startling amount of recent misinformation about the Bucs & Winston. Stick to Cornwell’s final comment:regarding the No.1 pick: "Book it.’’

Now I could argue these two guys aren’t more right then Jaws or anybody else who believes Mariota will be the pick over Winston. However, when terms like "done deal" and "book it" are being used, I give them credit for definitely stating who the pick will be, outside of "my sources". We’ll have to find out who is right. Thankfully it is getting closer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar