Could Munch replace Joe-Pa at Penn St.?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 2ToneBlueBlood, Nov 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I know this is a long shot but crazier things have happened. I'm also not saying it will happen, just wondering if you guys think he'll even get a call about it? He has obvious ties to the college and played under Joe Pa during his college career. Would he even be on their radar of possible candidates?

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I kinda hope so...

• High Five High Five x 4
  3. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Munch is going to be here until Bud heads to the uppa room. After that, Bud's grandson will be HC.

It's a good time to be a Titans fan!

4. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Bud's grandson will be the head coach? I doubt that.

5. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Why would anyone want the Penn St. job? That entire program is basically dead in the water.

Munchak is an NFL head coach, he's not exactly desperate for work. I'm sure he would turn it down even if it was offered to him.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

^People say that, but it's not true. This is an isolated incident. It changes very little. People are just overreacting like nothing else right now.

7. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

how is the program dead in the water?

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

The NCAA has said they will let the legal side of things play out first. But that they may enact penalties depending on what comes out in the legal case. If there was any type of cover-up, it would not surprise me to see Penn State hit with some very harsh penalties.

9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

You guys think Recruits and their parents are going to be lining up to go or send their son to Penn State in the next few years? They lost their legendary head coach, a lot of support, and reputation.

If you don't think this will scare off a good amount of recruits, you're fooling yourself. They took a huge prestige blow this year.

Especially considering they're getting a new coach, they might change the system, then you may see a few Mallett-like moves as well if there is a system change.

They're unquestionably going to be hurting more than they expected had Paterno retired without this controversy.

The NCAA doesn't even have to do anything unless they choose to do so. Penn State has punished itself by having a pervert on staff and suffering him to stick around for years.

10. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

NCAA sanctions are one very real possibility, but there's also the fact that hiring a competent new staff is going to be very hard (who would want to work in such a tainted place?), especially considering basically everyone is going to be fired and have to be replaced. Also, recruiting is going to be extremely difficult. Why would kids want to go to a program in so much turmoil?

Edit: Props to nick for beating me to the punch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar