Cortland Finnegan has walked out of Titans camp!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Kaeotik, Aug 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

i hate watching Cortland play good WR's like Andre Johnson, he cant cover them then gets us in trouble with his temper.

2. jessestylex

also there has to be more to this walk out, why even start camp if you dont like the $? maybe our WR's are kicking his asz and he's getting mad.

3. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Updating an earlier item, CB Cortland Finnegan walked out of Titans' training camp because he believes the team reneged on a promise to restructure his contract.
    Finnegan reportedly requested a new deal heading into camp, and said he wanted a trade if the Titans weren't willing to give it to him. He decided to report, however, after HC Mike Munchak, DC Jerry Gray and DBs coach Marcus Robertson all apparently implied "the team would respond positively to his request for a new contract if he reported." It would appear as if they have not, leading Finnegan to last night's decision.
    Source: Yahoo Sports Aug 6, 1:06 PM

4. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I don't think he has any leverage after his performance last season.

I think he comes back in 5 days with his tail betwen his legs.

5. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

So the Titans lie to their players. Again. Why would anyone want to play for them at this point?

6. jessestylex

crap, now CJ really wont come to camp.

7. tenforthewin

tenforthewin Camp Fodder

He doesn't deserve more money though. The point still stands. Trade him.

8. Garo

Garo Starter

My assumption is he waited until the team was officially under the cap which I think was yesterday. He then went to MR for an extension and didn't like what he heard, took his ball and went home...

Pure assumption obviously but it's a very odd situation indeed.

9. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

Awesome. That makes us look so good

10. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

I was against Finny all the way on this, but if the Titans made a promise to give him a new deal if he reported and it was a lie it's hard to blame Finny for being ticked off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar