Cortland Finnegan has walked out of Titans camp!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Kaeotik, Aug 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I'm not convinced they won't.

2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

When we signed Finnegan to his current contract I remember thinking that we did well to get him signed without breaking the bank.

Lest be honest the defense was awful last year.

We couldn't stop the run and the secondary had to make way too many tackles helping out the front 7.

Finny had a crap year but so did every guy who lined up under Cecil's defense.

3. THE_TITAN

THE_TITAN Starter

Finnegan is an integral part of our defense; in both leadership and playing qualities. He will be utilised properly in our new defensive scheme and i'm sure that he still can improve even more as a player. I am glad he wants to make a long-term commitment to this organisation.

On Verner and McCourty, I like both players and think either is a servicable #2 CB. Verner is very smart and makes a lot of plays on the ball, but he is also prone to being beat for long passing plays when he attacks the ball. McCourty is not exactly a playmaker, but I am never worried about him getting smoked by a WR. Both have room for improvement, but I think that at least one of them, maybe both, can become solid in this league.

4. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Stop saying good things about a Titans player who has made a mistake! That's not the Titans fan way!

5. THE_TITAN

THE_TITAN Starter

New mentality with the new coaching staff. I am going to be open minded in this off-season. Finnegan confessed in his interview, which a lot of players would've not done. So I respect him for that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar