Cortland Finnegan dirty?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by #34, Jul 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maximus

maximus Starter

Dudes fiesty and plays with an attitude. Something this defense needs more of.
    If Stokely doesn't like getting hit, maybe he should play golf...

2. Nine

Nine Starter

I love Finnegan as much as anyone, but let's be honest, here: both he and David Stewart play as dirty as anybody in the league.

Both guys rely heavily on intimidation. Most of their tactics are legal, but they also do a lot of stuff that's below the belt.....hitting guys after the whistle blows, blindsiding guys who have nothing to do with the play, etc.

(Remember Finnegan's personal foul against the Panthers? Steve Smith was a decoy, completely across the field from the play. Smith was just kind of jogging along, looking at the play in progress....and Finnegan absolutely leveled him. Got flagged for it, too.)

All I know is this.....I love Finnegan and Stewart. But if they weren't Titans, I'd hate their guts.

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Well the way we been going lately, we got that rep OFF the field.

5. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

:werd:...could not agree with you more Hoffa.

As far as Finny goes...I'm more than alright with having a bad***** at corner who recievers know will smack them in the mouth. I love...freaking LOVE...having guys like KVB and Finny. Take no crap off anyone...

6. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

Pfft, you want dirty, look no further than the trenches. It's scary playing either side of the line, receivers just don't like being touched. ;)
    If Finny is indeed dirty, I'll take that any day. I'd much rather have a guy who's willing to go after a receiver than someone who shies away from contact. As much as people say about Rodney Harrison, the guy still produces.

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Finnegan plays hard every play, and he plays physical. There's a big difference between that and dirty play. I'm glad to see the guy working his butt off out there, and playing with passion. If I see him dive at someone's knees I'll be concerned. Until then, he's doing his job and doing it well.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Yeah. I hate Harrison, but only because he plays for another team. "Dirty"/Aggressive guys are the ones you love if they're on your team but hate if they're on another.
    Finnegan reminds me of Blaine Bishop. Aggressive, talks, but backs it up. Those are my favorite types of players. Let'em know they're going to get hit, and then keep your promise.

9. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Its brandon stokley, I really could care less what he has to say

10. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I can think of one KVB play that was dirty....late hit to David Carr's back (when they knew carr had a bad back). It was obvious, bad, but I'm drawing a blank for other examples.

That play you're talking about for Finny is the only play I can think of for him (anyone want to refresh my memory?). But if you remember, Smith pile drived (er drove) him way out of bounds a few plays before....and he wasn't even flagged. Retaliation is what it seemed like to me, and that's fair play imo.

As far as other players, I know I've seen things several times from Rodney Harrison that were illegal and potentially dangerous to other players. I've watched them on replays to make sure I saw what I thought I saw.

Some say Mawae is dirty, and I've seen things that looked bad on his part. Although some of those were just cut blocks that were really borderline on whether he was "in front" of the defender....kinda close calls like a hard-to-tell block in the back on punt returns.

Now maybe I've forgotten specific things, but I watch and rewatch every game and can't call KVB or Finny "dirty". If someone has examples though, I'd like to go back and rewatch some plays to see questionable behavior. I'll still like them though :))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar