Cortland Finnegan dirty?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by #34, Jul 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KptTitanFan

KptTitanFan Guest

We have a slot reciever complaining about physical play... I'd rather hear more from Chad Johnson at this point, Courtland is a classy person. Don't let the fiesty play tell you different, he developed this because he's a 7th rounder... I would play as hard as I could to, wouldn't you?
  2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Yeah, the guy made a name for himself by tackling at the knees.
    Every "great hit" he's ever had comes by way of him diving at someone's knees.
  3. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

Make no mistake about it Cortland IS borderline "dirty". He's got a reputation around the league as being a bully. Remember when he went against Steve Smith last year they were fighting all day. I like it because despite his small size he pushes, bullies, and slaps around bigger WR's...
  4. Hoffa

Hoffa Not Family?Then freak you you freakin' freak

That's not being dirty, that's being aggressive.
    Diving at peoples knees (ala Bob Sanders) is playing dirty. Remember last year when he tackled VY, and after the whistle he continued to hold on and pull Vince's leg?
  5. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

Finnegan throws late shots after the whistle- he's borderline dirty. I know many don't like that label, but Im okay with it. He's on my team and he doesn't get penalized so Im okay with it. Its great to see a 5'9, 185lb corner bully 6'1 200lb WRs...
  6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Hoffa, you are referring to week 17? That play drew no penalty, did it not? It's fresh in my memory. I saw it on replay the other day.
  7. Hoffa

Yep and yep, no penalty, Code Blue in effect...
  8. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

There is a big difference between dirty and aggressive. I'm down with the way Court and KVB play, in fact, I like it. If opposing receivers don't like the way Court hits em at the line, thats a good thing. What the Titans need is to develop a reputation as a team you don't wanna **** with (1970's Raiders-esque, not to say that were on that level, just the same principal). As long as there isn't any yellow flags involved, hit em as hard as you can wherever you can, thas my philosophy.
  9. onetontitan

onetontitan Fire, walk with me.

since when was it a crime to get physical with receivers? whoever wrote this article needs to study cornerbacks from around the league
  10. Hoffa

That was the Titans rep, before Schwartz took over...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.