Cortland Finnegan also retiring

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Mar 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

That's why I never understood your love for him.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Well part of his problem is because of how we use him. If he were to match-up 1-on-1 at the line I think he'd do better, but for some weird reason we love having him 7+yards off the line. he's got the size and speed to tango with just about anyone, I really dont get why we play our CB's so far back, has always bugged me.

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Let's just retire the member and be done with it..

• Winner Winner x 2
  4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

[​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 1
  5. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

LOL....Shore Leave Episode, right?

6. JCBRAVE

7. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

I agree I don't understand how we play our CB's that far back from the LOS. I also will say J-Mac never had to cover #1wr until last year because verner had that coverage. After Verner left that changed the whole dynamic of our secondary. If we can get a solid #1 corner, I have confidence that jmac can cover the #2 wr but I don't believe he can cover wr#1 as it has been proven already.

8. JCBRAVE

McCourty until last year stuck to one side mostly, thats how stupid ass Jerry Gray operates, but he saw No.1's plenty when they came to the right side.

Ideally a guy of McCourty's talents are No.2's, but here for whatever reason we allow him to be the top guy. Ive always respected his game because he really has no true flaws that hold him back, and he's a good leader. But Id be lying if I said I wouldn't mind upgrading the CB situation early in the draft.

CB is one of those jobs in football you need to have talent at, they're out in open spaces, they're easily exposed if not good enough. Im really hoping to hear soon we're in the Tramon Williams sweepstakes before he signs with someone. We need about 4 CB's and if we miss in the draft Ill feel 10x better knowing Tramon Williams could be around to bridge the gap til these young idiot CB's we have turn the corner. Wreh-Wilson and Huff could eventually be the next Verners.

9. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I feel like 90% of Wreh-Wilsons issues could be solved by learning to turn his damned head.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. JCBRAVE

Me too, such a simple task right... Right up til the balls in range he does everything right, then at that last split second his mind cuts off and he goes full retard...

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar