Cornerback

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by cdubbs2121, Mar 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

i can't believe DRC passed on a '50+'M dollar deal, what a dumbsh*t. even taking into account the below, he's a F'in retard:

Byrd’s six-year, $54 million deal was structured in such a way that he is all but guaranteed $27.9 million through three years. Rodgers-Cromartie’s six-year, $54 million proposal from the Broncos was essentially a one year, $10 million guarantee.

The Broncos’ contracts are very well structured. The team is more than fair, even generous, to the player in year one, but then the Broncos protect the team interests after that. This is smart, clean business by general manager John Elway and Broncos’ contract guru Mike Sullivan, the unsung star of the team’s recent free-agent haul of defensive standouts.

It also should be noted that included in the $10 million, first-year money to Rodgers-Cromartie was a $5 million signing bonus that would have carried future salary cap ramifications and made it extremely difficult for the Broncos to release the cornerback after the first year.

So Rodgers-Cromartie would have made $16 million after two years. And then it would have been $24 million over three years.

That’s the deal Rodgers-Cromartie turned down. The other $30 million over the final three years was essentially fluff.
    --

Take the 3 years @ 24M FFS. even if they cut you, your young, go sign somewhere else for 3 years @ 20-30M. i mean how often to players actually 'play out' 6 year deals now in the NFL...

2. Tim

Tim Starter

i told you fools DRC was going to the gmen lol. Pull for Tommie

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

DRC didn't turn the Broncos deal down...

They took that offer off the table after they signed Talib.

4. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Don't we already have a thread for offseason CB analysis?

5. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

Grumpy.

6. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Sounds like he tried to get cute with them and they told him to go f*ck himself and replaced his ass. When you get an offer like that you take it or someone else will. He had to deny the offer at least once for them to take it off the table.

7. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Tommie Campbell is garbage. I hope this is a joke lol

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Gridiron Gun

Gridiron Gun Starter

I agree, but I think we need to bring in a vet to compete and mentor. Maybe someone like Jabari Greer or Mike Jenkins that has something left in the tank. Champ Bailey would be a great mentor, if he can accept the fact he won't be a starter.

9. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

Cardinals got Cromartie for a 3 million dollar deal for one season, just seems illogical to me how the Titans can't make a move like this for a guy whose had one mediocre season.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Wow.

The cardinals have patrick Peterson, honey badger and cromartie..

Wow

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar