Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Cornerback battle takes a twist

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Titans Insider Titans News

Cornerback Alterraun Verner appeared to have the edge in one of the Titans’ most competitive training-camp battles.

But it will be interesting to see how things play out following a challenging first quarter for Verner against the Falcons. He was flagged twice for pass interference and was beaten for a 42-yard completion to wide receiver Julio Jones.

“I think the coaches could probably go either way,” Verner said of the competition with Tommie Campbell. “I wouldn’t be surprised and I wouldn’t be unhappy if Tommie is the guy. I know I did the put the best effort I could out there … I fought the good fight.”

Campbell got most of the action in the second quarter and played well into the second half. The 6-foot-3, 205-pounder got physical with Jones on several plays, and didn’t give up much at all through the air.

“Vern’s a real good player,” Campbell said. “He’s a real smart player. We’re two completely different players. … But at the end of the day, I felt like did what needed to do tonight to put myself in position.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: Team News

Source: Titans Insider