Corey Davis vs Mike Williams

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by VondyP, Feb 1, 2017.

?
  1. Corey Davis @ #5

12.5%
  2. Mike Williams @ #5

18.8%
  3. Corey Davis @ #18

38.8%
  4. Mike Williams @ #18

25.0%
  5. I don't want either of these players.

2.5%
  6. 2nd round or later.

6.3%
  7. Trade back and pick Davis between 5-18

46.3%
  8. Trade back and pick Williams between 5-18

25.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rekirts

rekirts Starter

he gets great yac. obviously his specialty is high-pointing the football and being physical at the break. hes got a bit to learn with routes. Should be teachable but hard to tell. Clemson offense in particular didn't run a lot of different routes. catches contested balls with ease and breaks thru press relatively successfully which are some real question marks in Davis's game.

#141 rekirts, Feb 11, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
    • High Five High Five x 1
  2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

So nothing makes him special. He's solid, at best.

And I have to disagree with him breaking through press easily.

3. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I like Williams, but just not at 5. I think I've compared him to Allen Robinson. Guys like that can be wildly productive, but you can game plan them out of the game (ignore us and week 16).

For a top 5 guy, I want to see speed. Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones, AJ Green, etc.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Hell, you can game plan around Julio and he's probably the best physical specimen at WR in the league. Check the Super Bowl. #2 Cb and a bracket or cone zone over him. All game. 4 catches 86 yards and every catch was super man status. Lol

5. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

He was hurt. He still caught everything and the Falcons hardly had the ball. Do that to someone like Hopkins or ARob and they go 1 catch for 9 yards.

6. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

That's an example of terrible play calling. There was some matchup to take advantage of since so much attention was given to Jones.

7. ICBW

ICBW MILF Hunter

OJ Howard @ 18. Mariota loves Delanie & OJ would be next up. Speed TE's are the future damnit.

8. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

Get Alshon Jeffery in FA
    Trade 5 for 12 and 33,
    Use 2 of those 3 picks on def. players and one on WR (Williams, Davis, or Ross) (OR TE HOWARD)
    Jalen Robinette (AF) in the mid rounds. He is going to be a steal.

That would give us Alshon, a 1st round WR (OR HOWARD), and a mid round WR going into camp.

That would give us enough draft picks/FA $ to upgrade our def.

9. Clark

I'm not saying he wasn't effective- I'm saying he had to catch everything with an unbelievably high difficulty. That's still a win for the Defense. Forced the offense to target other lesser talents.

10. Clark

He was only targeted 4 times... defense wasn't giving him anything free. Difficulty of catch & throws forced ATL to target other WRs...

Bad play calling was when ATL didn't run the ball enough to close out the game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar