Corey Davis makes me sick

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by razordaman, Oct 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

This offense limits what the QB is asked to do, but everything still goes thru the QB and I just dont trust Cassel...

Id rather play a 80% :8: over cassel...

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. 8isGreat

8isGreat Starter Tip Jar Donor

Some of you are actually shifting blame to the offense rather than the defense?

As the ESPN Monday Night Football segment goes: "C'mon Man!!!"

We got shalacked 57-14!!!

Did the turnovers hurt? You bet? But please, the Texans scored at will against us! Even if some of the blame should be on the O, the D flat out got embarrassed. There are plenty of games where teams have multiple turnover games but don't lose nearly as badly as we did this past Sunday. The D has to stop the opposing offense at some point -- which we just could not do!

Also, when a rookie QB hangs a Completion Pct. of 73.5% on you, has a QBR of 98.3, passer rating of 125 against you and looks like the MVP of the league, that IS NOT the fault of your offense regardless of the multiple turnovers, that's just piss poor D!!!

Here are just some of the stat lines from that game, the majority of which falls on the D:

• The Texans scored the most points in a game in franchise history, with 57. Their previous record was 45 points in Week 13 of the 2014 season against the Titans. Houston also scored a franchise-record seven total touchdowns.

• The Texans won by the largest margin (43 points) in franchise history. The previous record was 34 in a 41-7 victory against the Titans in Week 7 of the 2011 season.

• Houston scored the most points in an NFL game since Seattle scored 58 in Week 14 of the 2012 season against the Arizona Cardinals.

• Watson posted a 98.1 Total QBR, which is the second-highest QBR by a rookie since data started being tracked in 2006, according to ESPN Stats & Information.

• Watson, who was 25-of-34 passing for 283 yards, is just the third rookie in NFL history with four passing touchdowns and one rushing touchdown in a game, according to the Elias Sports Bureau. He joined Charlie Conerly (1948) and Hall of Famer Fran Tarkenton (1961). Watson is the second-youngest player -- behind only Tarkenton -- to accomplish that in an NFL game.

• Watson was 21-of-24 (87.5 percent) for 192 yards and three touchdowns on throws fewer than 15 yards downfield. According to ESPN Stats & Information, that is the second-highest completion percentage on such throws for any rookie in the past 10 seasons (minimum 20 attempts). It is also the third-highest overall for any quarterback this season.

• The Texans scored a touchdown on their opening drive for the first time since Week 10 of last season against the Jaguars and scored a touchdown on their first three offensive possessions for the first time since Week 7 of the 2008 season against the Detroit Lions.

http://www.espn.com/blog/houston-te...eshaun-watson-texans-put-up-in-rout-of-titans

#62 8isGreat, Oct 3, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
  3. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

Hopkins pushes alot but every WR does it, and rarely gets calls for it

4. kenny

kenny Starter

Not on our offense.... Cause our scheme never creates those types of plays.... Other than the Jonnu Smith play a couple of weeks ago; I cannot remember the last time one of our pass catchers was wide open...

5. kenny

kenny Starter

I think it's important not to forget that the coaching staff is just as responsible for this as the defensive players themselves. This coaching staff literally watched as an entire defense quit on them. They also made little to no adjustments.

6. Tewa Titan

Tewa Titan Starter

**** I'd like to see a Titan WR push off as much as Hopkins it would be raining yellow all day, and we would of beat the Raaaaiders week 4 last year.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Most guys get away with it if they do it before the ball is close

It's an art our guys need to learn

8. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

In 4 weeks we are one of the teams to take advantage of a busted play. Last year multiple times a TE got open I. The respect zone and wasn't covered, Fasano and I think even lewan got 1.

Point being, he was open like that by a defensive mistake just as much as a "tricky scheme". It happens but not every game and the WR/TE likely doesn't matter in the situation.

That is what my original point was, no way do I regret not taking Howard. Not only did we not need him in the draft, but smith has done more than enough to prove we're ok at TE. Still a lot to be seen if Howard is a "generational" player.

9. 8isGreat

8isGreat Starter Tip Jar Donor

No question! When I was speaking of the D, I was including not just the defensive players but also the coaches as well.

Offensive coaches are at fault too. Our offene is way too predictable as evidenced by Tony Romo calling our plays before they happened, along with us not really being able to move the ball that well against the Texans.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar