Coordinators to keep an eye on?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Oct 5, 2012.

?
  1. Yes

39 vote(s)
    95.1%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. IDK

2 vote(s)
    4.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

As for the coordinators, I'm willing to give them until the end of the season.

2. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

I'd double what Mike Nolan is making now to pry him away from the Falcons.

Let him switch to the 3-4 and give him the first 3 picks in the draft to craft his 3-4, done.

3. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

I want them all gone and let the new guy bring in his own staff, no hold overs clean slate.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Whatever the case is, it better be decided soon. Generally teams that don't have stability with regards to coaching tend to struggle, especially when you keep pairing a young QB with different coordinators.

I'm interested to see how Mike handles it. Someone said he's a good salesmen, which I remember hearing more than once as well.

I remember him also getting the promotion to HC kind of late and was therefore forced to hire his 'buddies' to make a staff. Now, I put it this way because I remember at the time there wasn't much to choose from either. Then the lockout and whatever didn't help as they couldn't put 'their system.'

Now that we have seen their system, I'm not sure its fair to assess it on such a short sample size. However, with all the talent each coordinator has at their disposable (more so Chris definitely) they need to show us more before the year ends. I refuse to believe our talent is that bad and if we continue to sputter the coordinators will be in the hot seat at the end of the year.

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I think he humbled himself... I don't mind him anymore. And looking back on it, I respect the way he approached his team. He may be tough as hell on his guys, but he embraces, congratulates, and celebrates with his players when they make good plays.

The Jets aren't going to fire him yet though. They need a QB, a couple of WRs, and a couple of new o-linemen. They'd be set then... Unfortunately for them, that's a lot.

6. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

I agree with Fewell. I'm on the record a while ago about getting him when punk ass Jeff bounced. He would come as a coordinator. For starters, I would love to have Wasburn back as a Dline coach.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

This is what I wanted when Fisher left. I knew we'd go in-house.

I wanted guys who had no ties to the team and would bring in their own philosophies. It feels like Munchak is going to be a poor-man's Fisher at this stage.

8. amy

amy Starter

I think that one and one quarter season is a too few games to be calling for new hires. It takes time, unless you have a boatload of talent , which we don't. My own opinion is that just maybe we don't have the sharpest tools in the shed on the field and so it takes time to get it through their heads what they have to do. It may be that the coordinators are not up to the job, but after so few games, I really don't think we ought to start calling for their exits. And that goes double for Coach. We sit at home and in the stands and think we know what should be called, who should be playing, blah, blah, blah. If we were so educated in the whys and wherefores of the game, then we should be applying for coordinator or head coach, don't you think? As it is, we yap and bap about what we see but we know nothing of what we don't see. And what we don't see is most times the most important aspect of what we see. see? :cj:

9. Shanvhere

Shanvhere Elite

Thats what people said about Phillips when he was fired and coming to Houston, and look how that def is now.

10. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

San Francisco.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar