Cool - McCarthy gets a little love at PFT

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Chapparal97, Dec 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

And your point? Spiller ran a 4.37 officially (and reportedly a 4.27 unofficially). Dude can straight fly. I don't see how him burning McCarthy is any kind of knock on CM whatsoever.

He's plenty fast and athletic to be a great LB.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

[​IMG]

says hello.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

That form. That poise. Peyton Manning has taken the season off trying to perfect Tyler Palko's throwing motion.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

The hair...

5. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

This kid is phenomenal, an absolute beast who I hope will be a Titan for the next 10 years.

6. titanflamer

titanflamer Starter

Is he too fast?

7. dome patrol

dome patrol Camp Fodder

McCarthy putting a veteran FA like Rudd to the bench says ALOT.

8. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

From what this kid has shown us so far how could anyone on this board be anything but happy and excited about his future with our team? Linebacker was one of our glaring deficiencies going into the draft and so far it looks like we have found a gem in the 4th round. Can anyone think of another rookie LB other than Von Miller that's having such an immediate impact on the field for their team? I can't think of one, and even Miller didn't come out of the blocks this strong in his first three games as far as I can remember anyway. Some of you people really need to start looking at the glass as half full instead of always looking for the negative. Be happy, so far it looks like we have a stub LB and great first rookie class to start the new era. I'd call this season a surprising success even if it ended right now! Much better than I had expected....than any of us expected!

Go Titans!! We're in the playoff hunt when everybody expected us to be dead in the water this year! Be thankful!!

• High Five High Five x 6
  9. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

i agree as well. too much is made out of the combine. sometimes its right on (as it was with CJ and as it seems with JPP) other times its off completely (not gonna list the plethora of busts).

but his football speed seems much faster then that time.

even compare CJ to Spiller, they both ran a 4.24 didnt they(?), but our CJ throughout his career (minus the team slump this season) has definitely looked the part on the field. the guy breaths 8/9 man fronts....

Back to Colin, someone made a really accurate comment, i think it might have been Jess, that he seems to burn a lot of in the beginning of games to be worn out by the end. This might b true but still thats an easy problem to fix considering he is a rook.

sometimes he gets caught up in blocks, bit more technique and strength and that should b fine there as well. however the major things like his angles, tackling, football IQ, dedication to the game/study time, are generally great/excellent.....

all in all, keep dissecting all you want, but ima opt with a positive attitude as i believe all his problems are very fixable, sooner than later. In 1/2/3 yrs from now (assuming we start playing to our potential and getting to the playoffs with the solid core of players that we have on both sides of the ball), Mac will be a pro-bowler.

Offense:
    Ima talk about the the offense for a bit b/c thats what really wins games/championships now. Brees, Rodgers, Brady, Manning, made their teams D's look much better then they were. the last real good D to dominate and win everything for a team was the Ravens over a decade ago, and the sport has changed quite a bit from than.

for the titans, the future looks real good assuming all these guys stay here and/or return from injury. Jake, CJ, Britt, Williams, Nate, and Cook - with a Good o-line....wow can that be dangerous or what.

Course we said that this year with Matt instead of Jake, but if Jake gets the passing down, his legs will give receivers time to make some sick plays.

Also, this year i've seen some great things from Williams that makes me believe next year he will be playing off of Britt real well and by his 3rd/4th year he could be a legitimate No.1. We all saw how good the Cardinals were with two "No.1s" but if we are able to keep our three CBs and upgrade the pass rush and a safety by than, our D could come close to matching our O in terms of skill and that is a scary...very scary notion indeeed.

Nevertheless, our SB hopes rest with Jake. The top QBs i've listed earlier showed that they can still pass REALLY well with no names at WR and a good O-line. Gettin a ring is really up to Jake and nothing else.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar