Cookie

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Na$hville, Sep 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Totally agree with Duece Wayne. Cook can make a play and catch the ball and is a mismatch night mare for a defense. Craig stevens is a below average player that gets paid about 200K a catch. For the life of me never seen all the great blocking. This team needs playmakers if we want blockers but another tackle or guard in the game, in fact lets try someone else at rg sunday! Anyone because harris got abused sunday.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

If the focus is to spread the defense and create mis-matches Cook is a keeper. If they want to lin up in an I formation (with a horrible FB) and run the ball Cook isn't.

As for Cooks blocking it is better than Harris.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Cook has definitely stepped it up since late last year, let's hope he continues to improve cause he's still a ways away from being in that elite group with Gronk and Graham.

I'd like to be able to say within a few games that we've got the 4th or 5th best TE in the game, hell maybe even 1 or 2, he's got the skills, just has to pull it all together for a period of time.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Stevens is also a FB now, he's in the backfield quite a bit. He's doing two players job, so he's getting compensated for that.

5. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

He's got a very large radius to throw to (he's 6'5" and can jump).

He can make acrobatic grabs (spectucular catches for you Madden heads) in traffic.

He' very fast for a tight end. He can take a catch to the house.

He has above average hands which seem to be improving.

He's definitely not an average TE.

6. DownSouthPlayer

DownSouthPlayer Starter

Imo if Cooked had Brady throwing to him he would be a top 3 behind Gronk and Grahm

7. SRW293

SRW293 Starter

With Locker-- Cook-- Britt-- Wright-- Washington we could (should) be an offensive force sooner than later IMO.

8. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Honestly, I am as positive a fan as anyone, but I have no idea how anyone could make a case for Jared Cook to ever become one of the best TE's in football. He gets absolutely dominated at the line of scrimmage. He could be a great receiving TE, but he's just flat out worse at blocking than any starting TE I've ever seen. That is too important of an aspect to the position for him to ever be one of the best imo.

9. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Some of you must not be watching Cook try to block that closely if you think he's anything other than HORRIBLE. Just watch him attempt to block on Sunday, I dare you to just focus on him and come back and say he was decent. I love cook but that is part of his game that is holding him back a lot.

10. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Besides being fast, He has terrible feet and it shows in his routes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar