Cook tore his rotator cuff, put on IR

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by corymiller, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Old Man Tip Jar Donor

So do we pay CJ his big bonus or let him walk? That will effect who we sign to deals.
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

I'm ready to get a big physical runner who doesn't need 15 blockers, let C.J. go.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  3. Maker_84

Maker_84 Starter

sucks that he got hurt but this will give the Titans a better chance at losing the rest of their games
  4. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Starter

You make it seem like he does that on the regular lol, Britt and Wright has dropped more passes while Cook has made harder catches than them too.

If he should be the 20th highest paid TE, then Stevens should make as much as me when I worked at Target. I would have no problem with making him the 10th highest paid TE because he would easily be in that top 10 if we used him properly.
  5. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

As pissed as I am with Cookie this year, I too am not ready to give up on him.

Shoulder injury isn't a serious one for a TE (as lets say a knee/angle ligament tear), even more so the case when your not referring to a 'blocker' type TE.

I also have this general philosophy that I apply to really all sports and one that the Titans never really follow: You don't get rid of a guy, until there is someone BETTER to replace him.

Its just that simple...

Off course there are exceptions, like for example a 'desperate' trade offer by some team thinking SB a week or two prior to the deadline... Or if a Dan Snyder owned team is offering you the trade... etc...
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

Cook wont get much better, but there's very few out there with his skills.

If we do keep him, I'd rather it not be on some crazy 5 year deal, 2 or 3 years is better IMO.
  7. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I'm ok with keeping Cook not CJ, but seriously everyone has forgotten that this dude is so soft he was just placed,on IR with a torn Rotator Cuff. Please name all players done for the year with a torn RC?
  8. steverife

steverife Starter

I don't know if Cook needs glasses or what, but he catches EVERYTHING that gives him a chance to extend his arms.
  9. steverife

steverife Starter

Leigh Bodden of the Patriots a few years ago. Warren Sapp and Steve McNair were placed on IR with torn rotator cuffs. Lots of quarterbacks...

1) If you can't move your arm, it could be tough to play. We don't know the size of the tear.
    2) Who is to say that the team simply didn't shut him down?
  10. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Yep, lots of QBs, but they throw the ball. No excuses, just soft