Cook, Marks, Reynaud hit the market

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Mar 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Lol the people acting like Reynaud did something special this season are cracking me up. How many times did he bring it out when he clearly shouldn't have? Seriously, dude did alright. Worth keeping as a backup return guy.

That doesn't mean Mariani never did anything. Yes, the injury might become a factor, but he gets a fair shake.

• High Five High Five x 4
  2. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

The reason is probably somewhere between his being a rookie, and this was supposed to be a make it or break it year for Marks. We've seen a lot of talented players play behind inferior talent.

There's a lot of directions they can go on this. Bringing Marks back should be the last resort. He flashed occasionally, but it would be like one brilliant play and then going back to being the matador for the rest of the game. There is no doubt in my mind that we could do much better. Can't really do much worse. Obviously, I don't want the Titans to just go after some warm body, but the stock of players available that are comparable to Marks is pretty deep, and they can be acquired cheap.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Marks just used his Titan rookie contract to get healthy.

hes a less talented Morgan

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

that is implying that Morgan is talented.....

5. xhrr

xhrr Starter

he is.....

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I think he's turned a corner. Had he not performed as well as he did this past year I'd agree with you, but he's proven he now belongs in the NFL.

7. JCBRAVE

That game was was an all time low for me. I was there front row in the rain getting teased by 12 year olds.

8. JCBRAVE

I'm with you in keeping Cook, but he wasn't willing to sign for $6M, I'm pretty sure our front office wants to pay him $6M, but he wants more

9. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Bro, c'mon Morgan is actually very talented. The dude rushes the passer extremely well for someone who doesn't give up his gap responsibilities. He also does a pretty darn good job of sealing his end.

He got so close for sacks so many times last year and the reason they never happened was b/c Safties and CBs were being (hopefully forced) to play to F'in deep... In general, if you want DE's to get more sacks, you also have to take away outlet / quick options, something we just didn do...

onetontitan
    Hayes, Haynesworth, Jones, Brown, Odom, Babin, etc...
    • Hayes was never any good really, SDM in less time has shown me more
    • Al was an absolute beast, but didn't like the 3-4, the skins, or football much after 100M. But had he wanted, he coulda gone to the HOF with all that talent...
    • Jason Jones was never a DE, he was a good rotational DT and a more pass rushing guy from inside. But you put him beside a 320 or 330 guy, and I always thought that would be good...
    • Odom was doing well, actually really well for CIN, but got injured a lot then fell off. Same can be said for LaBoy. They both really struggled with health... Bad luck there
    • Randy Starks went to MIA and did really well for them..
    • Babin was simply a product of the Wide-9, which should never be anything more than a prevent package you call up (unless you got Big Al and Tony in the middle, then you can do as you wish on the outside)
    • Brown - very nice 'feel good story.' After going undrafted and bouncing around teams for quite a while, he was thought to be done with. He even went to NFL europe... Then he came here and made a very nice career for himself (even after Big Al was let go he still played well for a couple yrs).
    JCBRAVE
    Deuce Wayne
    I made a post about this a while ago. Cook wants out of here (I follow this team pretty well, I can tell from the just the timeline of what has happened). With regards to the 6M or not, he's going to try to get more (as would most players) during FA, but in the end, he'll be more than happy with 6M a year... Just with a different team.

10. JCBRAVE

Don't we all follow this team pretty well?

As for Cook wanting out, I can buy that. Him going on the radio dancing around questions about coaches, his trade requests, his frustrations, us not tagging him as a WR, yea his feelings are hurt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar