Cook loving Hernandez deal...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Aug 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Cook has more talent in his pinkie toe than Wycheck has in his whole body. I think even Frank would tell you that.

The reason Frank is a better TE is that he was consistent, and clutch. He was the guy McNair KNEW would catch the ball on third and fourth down.

If Cook can get his consistency to that level, he will destroy Wycheck as the best TE in Titans history. If he can't he won't. That simple.

Doesn't matter though, cause Thompson is going to demolish both of them anyway. :headbang:

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

Hernandez and all the New England receivers elevate their game thanks to Brady - Hernandez is a good talent yes, but image if he was in Cincy or Cleveland. He is fortunate to be in the right place at the right time while Tom Brady is still into his prime and throwing him the ball ... thus the $$ adds up.

Cook is a rare physical "freak" but in a good way - however does not have a steady track record or Brady throwing him the rock - combine that with the Titans notoriously being a "stingy" franchise and it all adds up to a faaaar less pay day for Cook than Hernandez - so we dont have much to worry about - unless Cook has a career year and decides to bolt for the cash to a franchise that will overpay ...

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

He's not even paid yet...but yeah, I agree with those that say it's better to pay him now.

Love the point about the top pass catchers not having to do much squat in the way of blocking. It's like all these posters want to say You better block first, then you can forego that and pass-catch. Ironically, what they're saying is they want another $2-3m/yr TE like Hartsock, and not a Gates, Gonzalez, etc. Cook can reach 1000 yards receiving in this offense, IMO.

$5-6M/yr with a basic 2-year guarantee would be fine. The wind has been shifting in the league, in case some hadn't noticed yet.

4. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Pay the man Bud!

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

And I'm with JC Brave regarding Thompson. "Pink Meat," lol. I love how fans say, "Well, we got Rookie X, so Veteran Y is therefore expendable." WTF?

How does having Thompson mean we don't need Cook? I don't get that. Yeah, let's cut this guy because he didn't develop like Fisher wanted. Never mind the player hasn't played the position in 4 years. That's good arm chairing right there.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

newsflash!

Cook has only started 6 games and has less than 1200 Yards from scrimmage in the 46 games he has suited up for in the NFL

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CookJa02.htm

yes he has gotten better but lets not act like he has always even been decent. He was pretty darn awful as a rookie.

Cook, Stevens and Thompson might be an awsome TE combo creating mismatches but I cant recall the Titan exploiting those situations on any consistent basis

7. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

So Jared's rookie stats from 2009 matter today in this post, yet Chris Johnson's stats from 2009 do not count anymore these days in your other posts? I don't like CJ either, but come on man.

His rookie year he was coached by Fisher and thrown to by Vee-Why and KFC.

Your last sentence is pretty real correct.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

CJ2k was forcefed the rock too get that 2k, every player who ever got the 2k had the same thing happen so that is no knock on the accomplishment.

As for CJ he has been regressing - but there has been some hints of return too a good form this preseason, although CJ was not as decisive in Nashville as he was in TB

Cook has gotten better ever year that is undenieable. Im only mentioning his body of work because Cook in fact has flashes of brilliance, and then will dissappear for weeks. If I had an explaination I would throw it out here

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

4-5 mil..that's it.

He's not a top 5 TE even though he has the talent to be. He has improved every year but he hasn't always shown it on the field. He had a great stretch towards the end of last season but who knows what we get from him this season. I would like to get him signed to a new deal and have a Cook/Thompson combo for the next few years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar