Cook Expects McNair Trade Today

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Apr 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Woody81

Woody81 Camp Fodder

and Kerry Collins sucks

2. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

No way do we get a first for him. Daunte was a 2nd and he's younger been less banged up (over the period) and he wasn't getting that many looks.

3. Woody81

Woody81 Camp Fodder

agree whole heartedly

4. twoseven

twoseven Camp Fodder

Look, i respect Steve for what he has done in the past for this team . there is no way we went as far as we did without him when we were on our run. but that was then. he isnt the same player he was (not even close).IMO all we have to do is get through this year at 8-8 or better (so we can keep Fisher) and hope for the best , but we can find a Q.B. a heck of alot cheaper than $23 million to throw the ball at peoples feet. and all this talk about how Steve is being treated is garbage , Bud is protecting his team and i respect him for that. everybody should know by now that the N.F.L. is a business plain and simple. and Bud Adams is just protecting his business , smart move IMO. QUESTION ! if Mcnair went in to train and broke his arm somehow and we had to pay the whole 23 million this year , how many fans do you think would be calling for Reese's and Fisher's head for letting him into the sports park ? i would say 90%.

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Steve is more likely to get hurt during a meaningless pre-season game or during the actual season than he is running treadmills or whatever

so what happens then ?

imo, they should have addressed this last year\
    he's under contract, he should be allowed to train

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

What color is the sky in your world?

Titans not only can afford to wait McMVP out they can afford to pay him the 9m his contract calls for. Now pratically everyone agrees he ain't worth 9m, but how much less is the argument. Looks like the Murdermore Ratbirds might be used to determine a FMV on 9s services.

The fact the Killer Lewis if free at all, much less free to roam around the Ratbird nest, is an embarassment.

Bud is probably more worried about Bud slipping on a wet floor IMHO

BTW ratbirds suck, not as bad as the dolts or the squeelers, but suck they do.. my my yes.

7. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Kerry Collins will work for much less than that.

But, I'm not sure if I want him quarterbacking the Winnipeg Blue Bombers of the CFL, much less the Tennessee Titans. :rolleyes:

And, we've had Tee Martin with the Bombers. :barf:

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I see no need in bringing in Collins either

Is Kerry going to be any more productive than Billy would ?
    I think not

we just need to take our lumps and look forward to '07
    I don't see us competing this year anyway
    and if we do, I'd rather it be with Volek than Collins

9. Tungtide

Tungtide Just Another Freak

Hey, if Mac wants to go play for Brian Buttocks then he deserves what he gets. The "Ratbirds" thing cracks me up. It sure made me sick seeing Mase in that uniform. I don't think I could watch Mac in Baltimore.

10. EZpickin

EZpickin Camp Fodder

Collins sucks, If push came to shove I would rather have volek over collins... But I don't think Mcnair is going, I think & Hope this will get worked out and #9 & #10 will get there shots to teach and to learn... Cook (as we've talked about before) is trying to cash in his workhorse for all he can get. They've never had a problem working these contracts out before, Cook starts the rumors and throws Gas on the fire, He needs to Sh*tcan Cook and get it worked out..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar