Controversial Ending in the MNF game?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Anthony4Titans, Nov 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

NFL...making it up as it goes along. I grow tired of refs not being held accountable for BS like this. Remember the titans/saints game a few years ago when all of our receivers were held/tackled as they ran their routes the last play of the game.... sort of the same thing here.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Definitely a penalty. The question isn't "would Gronk have caught it" rather "would he have had a chance to catch it" and there's no way you can say he wouldn't have had a chance, not only to catch the ball, but to disrupt #38s catch and maybe getting it on a lucky bounce.
    To make matters worse, according to PFT it was the U who overruled the SJ. The SJ's job is to look for PI infractions and the U's responsibility is to look at infractions near the LOS, so the guy who is looking at something he shouldn't be from a terrible vantage point, overrules the guy who is right in front of it and who's responsibility it is...

Only positive is that it happened against the Patriots, otherwise we surely would have heard a lot of moaning about favoritism. But sadly another example of football officials not being up to the task.

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Holding should of been called. 1st and goal on 1 with 0:00 remianing, 1 more play for the Pats to try and win it. Flag wasn't called, get over it.

This pretty much sums it up:

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

He won't care. Probably made more from his side "investment" with it. But who cares anyway. Any time
    Pats het screwed I'm happy. They have been the beneficiary from WAY too many controversial calls. There due to get one on this side of the ledger.

5. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Even with the holding, there was no way Gronk was going to get the ball, it was intercepted 5 yards in front of him. It's the same principle as when there's defensive holding and the ball sails 5 yards over his head.. no flag. Same. Thing.

6. DJB

DJB Starter

Interference is when a player interferes with another players opportunity to catch a ball. If you don't think Kuechly interfered with Gronkowskis opportunity to try to catch the ball you're nuts

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

All these whinny New England fans need to STFU. This game does not effect their season in the least. The Patriots were essentially handed a Super Bowl on some BS call just like this back in 2001. The universe is still on their side.

8. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

this is the reason why i did not care that they picked up the flag, the only reason too. lol

9. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

The still makes it look worse than it was.

I agree with the call. Gronk stops, but doesn't even try to get back to the ball. He knew he couldn't get it.

Kuechly didn't hold him. He had his arms around him but wasn't holding him.

Kuechly didn't turn for the ball either. But it doesn't matter since it wasn't catchable.

No holding. Would have been PI if the ball was on target

EDIT

After watching a few more times, I'm not so sure.

I don't think Gronk could have caught it, but if Kuechly wasn't there he might have come close.

Tough call that could have gone either way. I still don't think it was holding.

10. Msut10

Msut10 Starter

Lol the press conference afterwards Belicheck was awkward as hell!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar