Controversial Ending in the MNF game?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Anthony4Titans, Nov 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anthony4Titans

Anthony4Titans Starter

Did anyone else see that? I think the refs made the right call but it's the precious darlings of the league affected by it. Belechick got asked about it at least 4 times in the post game presser and just about all the guys on ESPN are crying foul.

These guys are so obvious. I bet if it was the Panthers or Titans who were on the wrong end of that they would be singing a different tune.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

It was definitely something. Defensive holding, PI, illegal contact. There was a foul there, no doubt.

3. Anthony4Titans

Anthony4Titans Starter

But the ball was uncatchable imo. No way Gronk could have caught that one as badly underthrown as it was.

4. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Photoshop whatever teams in this picture you want.

It's ALWAYS GOING TO BE A FOUL.

Attached Files:

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Clark

Explicit contact with the ball in the air. That is a foul. It's a holding call at the least.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Defensive holding and illegal contact don't take in to account whether the ball was catchable or not.

If you think running down the field hugging the receiver is allowed then you're crazy.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

I would say its face guarding or holding. I was still happy the pats lost ha!

8. Anthony4Titans

Anthony4Titans Starter

OK, so maybe something should have been called. I still say the media wouldn't have made such a fuss about it if something like that went against the Titans. Lord knows the Pats and Colts have had plenty of favorable calls to make up for it.

9. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

How bout Cam Newton, he played really well! Now that will get overshadowed!

10. Clark

Surely. Media darlings. So was Tebow and he still sucked.

Regardless, it's calls like this that bother me because that could have been the titans. That ref should lose a game check.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar