Contracts

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by maximus, Jan 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maximus

maximus Starter

Floyd was a big fan of backloading contracts. It's a good idea when you don't have a lot of cap space, but are looking to grap one or two players to make the run.
    With 40 million in cap space, a young team, is it possible that any of the new contracts are fronloaded. Carson Palmer extended his deal with a Front loaded contract to free up space later so the OL could be resigned.
    thoughts

2. First off, it has become apparent that Underwood was very involved in that process. Secondly, they had to backload contracts because they didn't have enough cap room that year to frontload deals.

I have no doubt they will use roster bonuses to frontload contracts to save future cap room. But that won't have anything to do with having a new GM, just the team's cap situation.

3. maximus

maximus Starter

I realize we did not have the cap room, I did not know that Underwood was that invovled.
    That's what I was wondering

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

The simple answer to your question is yes. They can very well frontload contracts when you have a lot of cap room. Since we have a lot cap room, this is precisely what should be done.

The Eagles and Pats have been doing this for years.

Gut

5. and it seems that it has helped them immensely

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar