Contract Talk

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Oct 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/contracts/nfl/ten/titans

Maybe Whis took the job and 5-year contract, and the Titans drafted Lewan in the first round, because they knew it was going to be a total rebuild from the beginning and everything was just lip service (or just hoping for blink luck in year one).

It's pretty amazing how few players we would still have under contract in 2016 without extensions. I really think 3/4th of current players will not be on the roster by then.

Casey's contract:
    8/27/2014: Signed a five-year, $37.431 million contract. The deal contains $20.5 million guaranteed, including a $10.6 million signing bonus. 2014: $2.4 million, 2015: $4.5 million, 2016: $5.4 million, 2017: $5.8 million, 2018: $6.831 million, 2019: Free Agent

Absolute steal on Casey. Point for Webster. And I'll give Webster another point for having the team in the position to make moves going forward. This is why AltV choosing to sign with the Bucs was a good thing.

So as bleak as this season has been, at least we could look forward to massive change if they are willing to make the moves.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

If we have 33 new players next year well be worse....is that even possible

It may be what we need...but damn realizing we likely won't have meaningful games for 2 years blows

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Rudad

Rudad Starter

The key is to get 33 better players.

4. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

We are going to have plenty of cap room next off season. As of now we are projected to be 33mil under the cap with 37players under contract

Cutting Griffin saves 4.5mil, Hill 4.0mil, Stevens 3.5mil, Greene 3.3mil, Pollard 3.2 mil...which saves us 18.5mil giving us 51.5mil in cap space

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

**** Ruston Webster for creating this tire fire.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. Upright7

Upright7 Special Teams Standout

We should keep Hill, he has been playing well. Cut the rest!

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. kenny

kenny Starter

Levitre should be cut as soon as the season ends.

The problem will be is there better FAs available?? I looked at a projected FA list earlier in the year and there didn't seem to be anyone that stood out to me as oh my God we need that guy. There may be more that come free or some that I overlooked, but it doesn't look great for next year unless we knock it out of the park in the draft. Webster has never done that so I do not hold out much hope.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

That doesn't mean we stick with guys who aren't winners like Griffin, LeVitre. We need young guys to develop, and if we suck, we shouldn't be paying good money to suck.

9. kenny

kenny Starter

No doubt. I hope they are both cut asap. I am saying that I do not see a light at the end of the tunnel with FA not looking so stellar.

10. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I said the same thing in the "Tear Down Year" thread. Whiz came here to blow **** up. Think about it:
    • Munch was not fired because of his record. He was fired because he would not make drastic changes like the FO wanted
    • Whiz came to Tennessee because he would be able to blow things up and rebuild the team the way he wanted
    • Whiz saying he came to the Titans because of "Talent" was complete horse ****
    • If Whiz wanted talent he would have taken the Detroit job as they had far more talent than the Titans
    • But Detroit did not want a major change, just a new coach to build on what they have. Whiz wanted somewhere he could change everything to what he likes on both side of the ball
    Maybe the team would be good this year, it could have happened. But most of the players do not fit well. This year is about finding out who can play in the new systems. Those who can will stay.

• High Five High Five x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar