Considering a MAC

Discussion in 'Gear' started by ammotroop, Feb 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Any rumors as to when this will happen? I'm in the market and can wait another few months.

Also, will CS4 be able to run on this new processor?

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

^Surely.

3. BigD73OT

BigD73OT NFL Free Agent

I got a sweet deal on a G4 today..of course it will only be used for music stuff and video editing. But very sweet deal.

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

CS4 is barely caught up with Snow Leopard.. Mac is rolling right along making all my purchases obsolete..

5. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Wow, thanks for all the responses. A few things I guess.

--- Yes viruses are a BIG reason why I am making the change. I had never had any problems until I got to Afghanistan, where viruses just about killed 75% of the people over there's laptops, even with protection. The one guy with a mac....no problems.

--- I am an apple fan. I have an ipod and me and my wife both have IPHONES. I am a firm believer in you get what you pay for.

--- I am planning on using it for school (Grad School), net surfing, ect. No gaming. I do not have a desktop, this will be my main computer.

Any more feedback would be great!

6. It should be any time now as Intel has released the new core i chips that are already being used in other Windows laptops. Some people speculated that it would be released a week ago during MacWorld, but it didn't happen. And Best Buy's product database has new Apple SKUs for new products that aren't yet for sale, so it seems imminent.

7. Just the opposite...

8. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_malware

It is very rare to get viruses or malware for Linux. I've never seen it happen myself personally.

Just remember, a machine isn't protected just because its a mac, there are known mac viruses, but just like linux, there are only a few and you will most likely have to explicitly install them. The occurrence of this happening is highly rare but still possible.

Most of those that write malware write them for Windows because most business PCs are windows and I think 90% of PCs run windows so it makes more sense to write for windows.

Also, mac and linux get updates quite quickly where as someone who uses a bootleg copy of windows (alot of people) will have windows updates turned off because their copy is bootleg and MS will display nag messages about purchasing a legit copy of windows (Windows WGA)

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Ouch. Sorry to hear that.

Getting what you pay for wouldn't be some 13 inch screen, slower processor, etc for 1300 dollars.

10. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

When comparing the price/value equations of Mac and PC, a reasonable person will find there is little difference in the price. You do indeed get what you pay for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar