Consequences of passing Shipley

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Ericgolonghorns, Apr 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ericgolonghorns

Ericgolonghorns Camp Fodder

Williams may pan out to be a decent or even good receiver, but by passing up Shipley the Titans just passed up an opportunity to get a probowl WR. Ya ya ya I know NFL is different blah blah blah, I know a playmaker when I see one and come back to this thread next year and I'll have the last laugh. Shipley was truly the best WR I've ever seen play the game in college and would have shored up our punt and kick off return team.

2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Might be time to watch a bit more college football.

• High Five High Five x 7
  3. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Wow, you have to be kidding me, right? You really think he is the best College WR you have ever seen? What college football have you been watching?

He is GOOD, but he won't be a pro bowl caliber WR.

Thanks for the laugh though :) What a joke from a homer lol :)

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

when did jordan shipley turn into calvin johnson?

5. 24

24 Starter

Shipley was the product of the spread. Damien Williams transferred, learned the system, and still produced with a freshman QB. I've always believed the QB makes the WR, with a few exceptions. I honestly believe he is one of those exceptions.

6. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Let's start a game here on this :) Name 3 WR that was better than Jordan Shipley as a college player.. Here goes my 3, just to name a few :)
    1. Peter Warrick
    2. David Boston
    3. Reidel Anthony

And that's just 3 that were way better than him.

7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I do believe we should have drafted Shipley, but I'm fine with Williams after having done some research on him.

8. Wraith

Wraith Starter

Shipley is old for going into the draft, he had 6 years of eligibility and missed 2 years due to knee injuries, so i prefer Williams

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. erut07

erut07 Camp Fodder

Dude, you really walked into this one. Being a Horns fan myself, I understand what you're saying and I too thought Shipley fit the Titans needs pretty well at WR. However, there weren't that many receivers coming off the board today and you don't pass up a physical specimen like Williams who also matches all of the needs of the team. I think Shipley may have some of the best hands in the draft, better than Williams, but he's also got more question marks, like longevity and durability.

The Titans may one day look back and say "if only" but they certainly made the right pick as of today.

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Shipley can't carry William's jock IMO.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar