Congrats to Coach Fisher and the whole team on a solid win

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Sep 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

It is EXACTLY the same.

There has only been once when this offense has changed within the last 6 seasons or so and that's when Dinger admittedly had to get Jeff Fisher drunk to convince him to open up the playbook.

Think about that for a second. And... then tell me it isn't Fisher's playbook.

Wake up.

2. amy

amy Starter

agree; when I saw the passing stats for the qbs last night I thought then that Vince will never be in those numbers if Fisher doesn't let him do it. I think the time has past that a hot shot defense and a mediocre offense is going to win a lot of games. But Fisher is set in his ways and I don't see much changing. It's too bad because his philosophy will, in the long run, be detrimental to both Vince and CJ. Vince will not develop into the qb he can be and CJ will be run into the ground and used up too quickly. JMO

3. globelieves

globelieves Starter

A win is a win, but this one didn't leave me dancing in the streets. Especially the first half. Letting the Giants get back in the game right before half time and not capitalizing on some of those turnovers could have come back to haunt us. We got several breaks w/ the Giants personal fouls. I'd never turn down 15 yards, but I'd much rather have a clean game. This was a good win, but there is alot of room for improvement.

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

It was a solid win from the standpoint the team played well in that we didn't have a bunch of stupid penalties or turnovers and we didn't allow another big play on STs.

On the other hand the final score masks some issues we need to address if we want to beat other good teams.

We obviously can't depend on CJ getting 30+ carries a game especially when he is running into brick walls. My God give Ringer a few of those carries if that is allw e are going to do. It is obvious IMO that Dinger doesn't have full confidence in VY. When he let him loose a little he did respond. Maybe a little more of that in the first half would have been nice.

5. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

For someone who acts like he knows a lot about football, you sure say a lot of stuff that makes it seem like you're clueless.

If you really think the offensive plays/playcalling is the same as it was during the Chow era, then good for you. The rest of us can see the differences. Dinger has had a big influence.

6. pettso

pettso Starter

Yes, Dinger has had an impact on some of the plays but he hasn't had an impact on the general offensive philosophy that the Titans gameplan with week after week. The whole run-heavy time of possession offense has been Fisher's strategy since he started here.

They're using CJ to grind yards, which is why our offense is failing pretty miserably when we rely on the run so much. CJ can't grind those 5 yard gains and push the pile for an extra two yards play after play. If he doesn't have a clear cut hole, he gains nothing. I don't know how everyone keeps raving about CJ game after game. He has looked pretty bad since the Raiders game. Not saying that he's lost a step or anything, just saying that he's getting battered and it seems like he's either lost some confidence or is hurting from all the abuse he's taking.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

Didn't see the game but a road win is good, even if it's ugly. they all count the same - congrats.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

What I'm liking is that there seems to be no dominant team in the AFC after 3 games.

Still early days but it's wide open.

A few adjustments and we could be a strong team during a weak season for the AFC.

9. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

I think thats what concerns many of us. For many years we've been just a few adjustments away..that unfortunately were never made ! So I guess the question for many of us are..will Jeff Fisher n Co. MAKE those adjustments? Or will we stay the same and hope for a different outcome

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Don't pretend I'm "clueless" because you deny what we know.

Dinger had to get Fish drunk years ago to get him to "open the playbook".

So if it was Dinger's offense- why would he have to do that? Please... let me know. I'm "clueless"...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar