Congrats to Coach Fisher and the whole team on a solid win

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Sep 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

It's a win, one I paid to go see, so I'll take anything I can get. I didn't like how Manning was able to pass to anyone and everyone.

2. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Agreed. But he still should have challenged Ahmard's TD catch.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Dinger doesn't get to call HIS plays.

It's the same plays Norm Chow had to call.

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

That was nowhere near a solid win. We were far from perfect.

I hope this isn't a preview of things to come when we face decent QBs. The next two weeks will be huge tests again. Orton threw for 476 yards and Romo is always good for nearly 300.

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Kige's statements would have been incomprehensible.

But hey, maybe he finally got his GED.

6. Aday25

Aday25 TITANSDAY

I think Eli had some gabarge stats and we won by 19+. Thats by three scores if anyone had any trouble computing that. Our D did its job against an explosive O. Our O though not great got the job done and I'm happy. Sure we aren't perfect no one can expect that. We did what we had to do.

7. LiLTex12

LiLTex12 Starter

The "They didn't really win it, the other team just lost it", or "Team X was the better team, they just made some horrible decisions late", might be the stupidest thing ever said. The better team WON the game because of the fact that they didn't make those bone head decisions.

As for the game, I was extremely disapointed in the offensive playcalling during the first half. To run CJ 17 times, and only allow Vince to throw the ball 4 times is just asking for a disaster. Not only are you going to get CJ killed, you're doing exactly what the Giants wanted, and planned for. They loaded the box, and to only throw the ball four times on a loaded box in the first half was redicilous. Not to mention the fact that you wanted to get his confidence back, but by only allowing him to throw the ball four times could have been damaging to him. If you don't feel he's good enough to throw the ball more than four times on a loaded box, then get him out of there and bring Collins back in. You can't win with that kind of game plan against better teams.

However, just as hard as I was on Fisher in the first half, he opened the playbook and I couldn't have been happier in the second. Hopefully this will continue as the season goes on. We have the Broncos coming up which is a very winnable game, and then the game in Dallas. What a game that'll be...

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Most of that is the 'umbrella' defense that we play when we get up by 2 scores. Soft zones, deep safeties, allow the catch, make the tackle (hopefully) quickly. It's the perfect gameplan to let teams stick around or come back in games that they should be getting crushed in, and Jeff Fisher has perfected it. I don't care what anyone says about Dinger calling the plays or this and that...it's the same crap year in and year out with Fish regardless of his coordinators.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Clueless..

The offense is not the same at all and Dinger is carrying the play chart.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I'm a titan fan so my take on that Manning play is that there was great defense and it was great defense. Everyone was covered and he was tackled before he could run it in.

All it cost them was 3 points. He eats the ball and the score is 29-13. So? We could have scored 4 points more on the Hall play.

The Giants have a lot of talent on offense. Doesn't bother me that they were able to move the ball between the 20s. There are no brownie points for that.

As for the play calling it would have looked better if our offensive line could block somebody.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar