Congrats lakers!!

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Chapparal97, Jun 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

usually when a team wins one championship they deserve it. if someone wins TEN, it's not by accident. jordan and kobe have never won without phil jackson coaching their teams.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

lol

How many championships did Phil win with a single All Star on the team?

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

how many did Popavich win with a single all star on the team?

david robinson was named one of the top 50 greatest players of all-time, playing along side tim duncan in 1999 and 2003.

in 2006 tim duncan and tony parker were both all-stars.

according to the standards you provided popovich has really only coached one average team(even though he still had the best PF ever) to a title.

but hey, i guess that's one more than phil, but then again, phil has SIX MORE RINGS.

4. Deuce Wayne

How many did Larry Brown have with the Pistons? (I honestly don't know)

And to compare the talent of the Bulls/Lakers with the talent of the Spurs/Pistons is HILARIOUS, and you know that.

5. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Let me ask again, how many championships did Del Harris, Kurt Rambis, and Doug collins win with basically the same teams that Phil won with?

And Larry Brown had Ben Wallace (All-star, Defensive POY), Rasheed Wallace (All-star), Chauncey Billups (Finals MVP, All-star the next 4 years), Rip Hamilton (All-star the next year), and Darko Milicic (yeah, he sucked but his hype was huge).

6. Deuce Wayne

Darko Milicic didn't play 1 second in any of those games lmao. And the rest of those guys aren't great players.

As for Del Harris/Kurt Rambis. Kobe was 18 years old when Del Harris was the coach, so I hope you're not serious. I have the perfect article for you...even though I know you won't think about how much sense it makes:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/88297-phil-jackson-the-most-overrated-coach-in-history

The Lakers were a 62% win team when Phil took over. That's with Del "the assistant coach" Harris at the helms.

L.A. Lakers 1994–95 82 48 34 .585 3rd in Pacific 10 5 5 Lost in Conference Semifinals
    L.A. Lakers 1995–96 82 53 29 .646 2nd in Pacific 4 1 3 Lost in First Round
    L.A. Lakers 1996–97 82 56 26 .683 2nd in Pacific 9 4 5 Lost in Conference Semifinals
    L.A. Lakers 1997–98 82 61 21 .744 1st in Pacific 13 7 6 Lost in Conference Finals

They made the playoffs every year.
    They lost in the CONFERENCE FINALS the 2 years before Phil came in...

He made them 1 game better than Del Harris did. Ohhh he's magical!
    Note: the least amount of wins Harris had with the lakers was 48.
    Jackson had mediocre seasons of 50, 42, and 45 wins.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar