Confused about the CBA issues?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Mar 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

2. twoseven

twoseven Camp Fodder

CBA isnt fair if .........

IMO the new CBA shouldnt even start until the 07-08 season , why ? , because the titans have themselves under the current cap , we went through cap hell the past 2 years . to me its not fair to let teams who got into cap trouble get bailed out because of the new agreement . some may call them lucky if the new agreement passes but i think it stinks . let them get out of cap trouble just like we had to , example ( INDY ) .

3. I feel the same:irked:
    Owner and Player Greed is Killing the Game

4. Sunshine

Sunshine Camp Fodder

How about the way JAX got out of the cap jail that Pacman's agent put them in? (Huyghue was the GM back then.) They got a free pass because of the expansion draft when Houston came into the league.

5. #1TitansFan

#1TitansFan Camp Fodder

Even if they don't get a new extension this year, they will still be able to do something next year before 2007 starts as uncapped year won't they?

6. twoseven

twoseven Camp Fodder

IMO , there is no need to rush to a CBA contract , we have a cap in place already for this year , the players union is threatening that if its not done now they wont agree to one in the future , i say screw em' , call their bluff , even they know an uncapped year is bad for the league and their pockets in general. i think the teams who are way over this year are the only ones worried about it because it bails them out. i also understand it will help the titans if they get a deal done now , but IMO we will get more help from other teams cutting players because of their cap status . example (indy)

7. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

I would like to hear some justification as to why the players deserve almost 60% of total revenues....why? I may be completely missing something...but the owners PAY the players to play...the players make money in endorsements...do they share revenue from their endorsements with the NFL?

I guess I am just missing how the players are getting the shaft in any of this, as Upshaw seems to want the public to believe.

8. twoseven

twoseven Camp Fodder

very good point laser , i didnt think about that one. I think the players make to much now. The owners didnt buy the teams to lose money. Does your or anyone elses company give its employees 60% of it's revenue ? mine doesnt. Besides if it were up to me the players wouldnt get paid until after the game , alot of them sign these big multi million dollar contracts and dont do anything on the field. example (carl pickens) signing . Hell i would love to make 1/10th of what they make and you wouldnt hear me complain a bit.

9. The players are the ones the fans pay to see. That's why they should get nearly 60% of the revenue.

Personally, I think players are all way overpaid besed on their contributions to society. But the NFL rakes in money hand over fist and that's just capitalism for 'ya...

10. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

From what I've seen so far, it looks like the players won this standoff. They have bettered themselves and the owners made more concessions.

But don't feel sorry for the owners. The poorest owner is still richer than the richest player. Elway may own a AFL team, but no player is even close to being able to buy a NFL franchise. The owners were just smart enough to not be greedy enough to ruin it for everyone.

UNION!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar