Confirmed: LeBeau, Robiskie, & April on board

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Oilers27, Jan 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Stoked to see that Dick is sticking around now we need to get him some players that can ball in his system. Ideally a playmaking Polamalu type player at LB or DB please.

2. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

I can't find a single media source that thinks this was a good hire. Not even a decent hire. Below is a quote from NFL.com, where they rate the hires. No surprise we are dead last. I thought surely this team would go after Hugh Jackson or McDaniels. They wanted Mularkey before he ever took over as interim. Nothing in his past record says "Gimme a 3rd Chance." But they done did it, anyway.

NFL coaching hires: Hue Jackson, Chip Kelly inspire most hope - NFL.com

"Forget the epic finish of Packers-Cardinals on Saturday night. When I woke up early Sunday morning, there was another NFL story where I had to wipe my eyes and ask if it was all a dream.

That, of course, being the Titans removing the interim tag and hiring Mike Mularkey as their full-time coach.

Were the Titans inspired by his 2-7 mark after replacing Ken Whisenhunt in November? Or was it the two-win season Mularkey logged in a one-and-done tenure with Jacksonville back in 2012? Do they remember when Mularkey's Bills lost to Pittsburgh's backups in Week 17 of the 2004 season, an unforgivable defeat that kept Buffalo out of the playoffs?

A third head-coaching crack for Mularkey?!

With Marcus Mariota, why not go after any of the aforementioned offensive minds??

The process was slow. The result was odd and uninspiring. And the Titans reclaimed their status as the NFL's most innocuous team.

So, congrats?"

• Boring Boring x 1
  3. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Ouch. That was brutally honest. And spot on.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar