Condensed Cian Fahey thoughts on Mariota

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by rekirts, Oct 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

To a certain degree, I don't think the ownership could any more hands off with this franchise. It appears she had no interest in looking for a new president after the current one resigned, then hardly did a search for the next HC which is why we even have Mularkey.
    Now I agree ownership should not be drafting players or making any decisions on game play, but I think they do need to be a little more involved than AAS is.

2. HurrayTitans!

Agree. What a mistake to let him go for absolutely nothing. I'm sure they're were at least 10 names on the roster that could have been cut for the PS other than him.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  3. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

No, she never looked for a HC because she had one for cheap who already agreed to protect the QB at all cost. (limited his playbook)

She got Robinson on the condition of his working with Mularkey and his gameplan. (limited his recruiting)

No need to meddle any more after the handcuffs were already in place .

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Well I'm fully sure that Brady throws from UC more than 26% of the time which keeps the defense HONEST! Woooo

#54 Clark, Oct 25, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
  5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. HurrayTitans!

This is definitely the likely scenario.

I was looking at this more from her just being inept and really having no clue what she's doing. Maybe she doesn't even know how to interview people. I can't understand what actually transpired to even try to convince Underwood to first take the "interim" job, then to convince him to stay on as the permanent. Why did he resign in the first place?

Along those same lines, I think aside from cost and knowing Mularkey's intentions about protecting Mariota (who's gonna put fans in the stands), I think she's just lazy about even searching for a HC.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  7. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

Some of the stuff he said I agree with but some I absolutely disagree with. I also agree with the person that he is slanting it to put all the focus on Mularkey for his personal bias.

I dont care what the offense is, or who the coach is. When we have a receiver(s) wide open and the ball sails 3 yards behind and 5 yards over their heads, that is the QB.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  8. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

2 of Blount's 100 yard games came while Brady was out.

9. HurrayTitans!

This just further illustrates how good a coach Bellichek is. He knows to use the other RBs that can catch with Brady, and pound the ball when a young unproven QB is in.
    Big bonus, Blount's contract is peanuts to Murray, so he can afford to have Blount for only the games they intend on running heavily.

Imagine if Mularkey was smart enough (I know how hard this will be) to use the more shotgun, spread offense while Mariota is healthy and use Murray heavily against teams that can't stop the run, similar to what NE just did to Pittsburgh.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Yeah, some fault belongs on both of them, no doubt. Oversimplification to say that it's simply Mularkey's fault entirely, when Mariota has his share of obvious bonehead throws/fumbles.

Mularkey is not a good coach, but he could be doing worse, considering this ragtag group of players.

But still unbelievable that they have him the job in the first place. Other than some (bad) experience as HC.. What qualifies him to be anything more than an emergency/interim coach?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar