computer music question

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by The Mrs, Dec 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

2. Or get one of these...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rI-pct3zy18"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rI-pct3zy18" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I don't mean to be a tool but isn't it just as simple as buying a new laptop, connecting the usb to the old lap top and importing the files onto the new machine? I don't see why it has to make a "middleman" stop on a dvd, junk drive, or mass storage device...

for what it's worth that hard drive Brad showed us from Wal Mart can hold more music than you could ever download or save from cd's let alone listen to.

4. No, BP, that doesn't work. You can set both PCs on the same network and do it, but it isn't nearly as simple as just plugging in a cable.

That does work from one Mac to another, though, with firewire...

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I have that on my vaio pc. it's called i.LINKs400. It's seamless compatibility with my digital video camera. Don't vaio laptops have that?

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

SK, don't know where you found that, but it's hilarious...

7. It was on Digg today, so I felt it was my patriotic duty to post it...

8. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

You need a special cord to be able to do that but they do make them. I picked one up a while back that was around $20. Came with a transfer program as well.

9. Apple invented it under the name firewire, though that's not the technical name. Sony calls it iLink (never figured out why, but that's Sony for you...).

Most PCs don't have it. Some do. I've never tried networking 2 PCs via firewire. I know it can be done, but I don't know how easy it is. Certainly no easier than with ethernet cables.

On a Mac laptop, however, you can boot up in "target disk mode" by holding down the letter T when you boot. When you do that, the laptop acts like an external harddrive and you can just plug it into another Mac via firewire.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar