Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Computer Hardware Question...

Discussion in 'Gear' started by GoTitans3801, Aug 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Moolah:
    $0
    OK, so I bought an external hard drive a couple of years ago, but after moving it around without protecting it, a part of the connection (a little metal piece that leads into where you plug in the USB2 cable) is bent, meaning that my computer cannot pickup the connection to the drive very well, usually not long enough to transfer anything out of there. I have a bunch of music, tv shows, and movies on there, and want them back. I'm pretty sure there's nothing wrong with the actual memory or drive in there. I just need to know what I need to buy. I'm guessing a case for an external hard drive? Any suggestions or follow up questions are appreciated.
  2. DCtitan49 Guest

i have the same problem, but nah, i dont know what to do...
  3. Starkiller 9

McNair
    Moolah:
    $11
    Yes, an external drive case should be all you need. You just need to make sure the case has the same internal connections (to the hard drive) that the current one does and that it has USB to the computer (which shouldn't be an issue).
  4. GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Moolah:
    $0
    Thanks, starkiller. Just wanted to make sure I had the right term.
  5. Slackmaster Starter

Moolah:
    $2
    If it is really "old" then the IDE data cable is the spec you need to confirm.

I would crack the case and see if I could just replace the cable...
  6. Puck Pro Bowler

Moolah:
    $103
    sounds like all you need to do is replace the USB jack
    • Tip Jar Donor

Childress79 Loungefly ®

George
    Moolah:
    $632
    If your going to have to take it apart the hassle free solution is to just get an external enclosure.

They come in IDE or SATA formats. Handy things to have around. I had a dead hard drive that wouldn't show up in bios but I was able to read it in an external enclosure & take my files of it. I have a Startech one & I'd recommend it.
  7. Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Moolah:
    $21
    Magic Elves will fix it right up. :yes:
    • Tip Jar Donor

avvie Ke ali'i o na okole

McNair
    Moolah:
    $1,481
    Here, the Magic Elves are called menehune
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.