Comparing and contrasting two new mocks

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by goTitans.com, Mar 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

[​IMG]Reflections on two new mock drafts that were unveiled Wednesday, by Todd McShay and Nolan Nawrocki.

No. 8 -- Tennessee Titans

McShay: Nick Fairley, Auburn defensive tackle.

Nawrocki: Fairley.

My thoughts: If he’s there, he will be hard to resist. The Titans hired his defensive line coach from Auburn, Tracy Rocker, as their defensive line coach. They are a different defense when they’ve got a dominant guy in the middle and if Fairley lives up to his potential, he could have a bearing on 10 other guys.

No. 11 -- Houston Texans

McShay: Robert Quinn, North Carolina defensive end

Nawrocki: Brandon Harris, Miami cornerback

My thoughts: Could the Texans take another cornerback? Yes. But it sure seems like a veteran leader would be a better add than another kid, no matter how ready and confident he appears. Quinn seems like a better match, as the Texans certainly need pieces for their revamped 3-4 front and there isn’t a proven 3-4 outside linebacker on the team.

No. 16 -- Jacksonville Jaguars

McShay: Aldon Smith, Missouri defensive end

Nawrocki: Adrian Clayborn, Iowa defensive end

My thoughts: It’s a draft that certainly seems designed to give the Jaguars a final pass-rushing piece to the rebuilding of the defensive line. Clayborn is bigger, Smith is faster. Bigger seems to make sense opposite Aaron Kampman, but it’s not like he’s going to be around forever, so how much can that influence things?

No. 22 -- Indianapolis Colts

McShay: Nate Solder, Colorado offensive tackle

Nawrocki: Anthony Castonzo, Boston College offensive tackle

My thoughts: Castonzo’s long gone by the time the Colts are up in McShay’s draft, 12th to Minnesota. Both tackles are giants who can fill out some. I’d love to see one of them land in Indianapolis, but the more everyone gives Indianapolis a tackle, the more inclined I am to suspect they go a different direction. I wish I knew where that was.

2. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

I'm really tired of seeing Fairley being mocked to us in almost every friggin' draft I see. I want no part of this guy.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Fairley is high risk high reward.

I'd actually feel more confident in his ability than most other DTs at that pick. Dareus has proven nothing other than he can get lucky from time to time.

4. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Why? What scares you of him? He is a beast and we already have hid dline coach. He is a one year wonder that is about the only drawback and possibly a dirty player which I personally don't mind at all because our def plays soft.

Exactly I would love to see him holding down the middle of our dline next to JJ. He has one of the best mean streaks to him where he absolutely dominates lineman. We have insight from his position coach so if we take him I will not be worried.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Fairley would do well in Tennessee. He'd be joining his college position coach, and our team is known to be dirty. Perfect fit for the guy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar