Comments from Fisher, Washington, Haye

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Mar 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

2. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

3. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

no, the diversity is that he can catch

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

A nice signing but it is tempered by the fact we lost brandon jones. Washington is clearly better than mccreins and might be better than jones but at this point we are just treating water at that position.

Based on fisher's comments about washington i am 100% convinced we will draft bey if available in rd 1.

6. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

I agree, I think we still look for a young receiver in the draft. I've been reading up on some Steelers boards about Washington, though and I'm pretty pleased. The general consensus is that they are sad to see him go, and they think he's going to really come into his own here. A couple people felt like he was average, and they wouldn't lose much - but by far most people felt like he had a knack for the big play and he comes through in the clutch. Lots of comments that this was a great fit for him and he's going to be a playmaker for us.

I see our draft needs fairly evenly now, but WR, LB (looking toward the future), CB, and QB (for insurance). I think Hawkins gets a significant chance this year, but I feel like we're missing a good possession receiver. Either big and physical or quick and shifty (a la Mason). None of our guys have been good against press coverage and I'd like to see that hole filled.

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I think they see Hawkins as a guy who can be quick and shifty but they wanted a burner to help stretch the defense. Washington fits that role real well and is the type of WR we certainly needed. This could help the offense not so much by the fact Washington is far superior to Jones but because the defense now has a guy they have to respect more deep leaving room for other guys to make plays.

Watch his videos and you can see why the Titans liked him.
    http://www.nfl.com/players/natewashington/profile?id=WAS587797

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Hey, I think Titanbuoy would be a great wideout!

9. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

I like the possible looks of our WR core. J Gage, Washington with Hawk in the slot. Maybe we all get shocked and they draft WR in R 1 and the guy sees the field his rookie year. Stranger things have happened, I just cant think of them right now.

10. titansfan769

titansfan769 Starter

After watching his highlights im really excited. Seems to me that Nate blows right through Zone Coverage and is very hard to cover 1 on 1 due to his speed. He is gonna make gage better beacuse now we have 2 deep threats and two guys who can catch just about anything thrown their way. If we add a WR in the draft we are going to be set.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar