Commentary on Social Disobedience

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by SwingOnDeezBalz, Mar 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SwingOnDeezBalz

SwingOnDeezBalz Banger of Infant Horseys

You know how your parents have always said that YOUR generations' societal staples were all worse, from a moral standpoint than theirs were?

How the controversial Elvis Pressley was not offensive at all when compared to Marilyn Manson?

How The Beatles "new age rock n roll" was tame compared to the "new age" Snoop Dog and Eminem?

How they didn't have sex or think about sex at such a young age, how THEIR parents made them sit down and pray before each meal, how they never watched TV and when they did, there were no violent or sexual programs on any of the 3 stations offered?

While our society continues to evolve and change, it seems like our recreation gets more and more sinful. We drink more, do worse drugs, party later, have more sex, abuse more women, view more harmful material, eat worse, smoke more weed, drive faster but pay less attention, tolerate more but judge less, and in all other ways, we keep getting "dirtier."

Well, at the upper echelon of all money earners you know of, there are the ultra rich. The famous. The "celebs." You know all those increases in "dirtiness" I was just talking about? Well, although this generation is living dirtier now than your parents generation did, the "celebs" now are living a thousand times dirtier than the rest of their generation. Your filth is growing at a generation to generation increase. Their filth is growin expotentially.

Celebs of today are the dirtiest human beings to ever walk the earth. They are USUALLY drunk or high. Not just drunk and/or high a lot, but USUALLY. If you find Britney Spears or Linsday Lohan on the street at any point in time, it's PROBABLE that they will be under the influence of something. Either alcohol, recreational drugs, or some sort of anti-depressant aimed at reducing the after-effects of those drugs and/or alcohol.

So, when you're a Tennessee Titans fan, and you wonder,
    "Why does everybody give Pacman Jones such a hard time, when NFL players have partied for decades?"
    I say to you, it's because kids these days party dirtier, the ones with more money party EVEN DIRTIER, and he's at in the top percentile in terms of earning power amongst those kids.

Joe Namath use to drink and womanize. We know that. But was he USUALLY drunk or high when he was off the field? Did he USUALLY hang out in strip clubs? Did he USUALLY roll with an entourage that included at least one firearm? I doubt it.

Chris Henry, Pacman Jones, Tank Johnson, and others don't do anything that kids haven't done for centuries, they just do it dirtier.

Recreation among kids is getting dirtier faster than society is willing to adapt to it. The result is more arrests, more problems, and more dope-smoking, strip clubbing, single-tucking, party kids wearing handcuffs and saying, "why me?"

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

You're off in left field, but you made the point like, well, an old person? lol
    It is humorous to me, that the generations get worse considering we haven't had a Hitler (excluding george dubya haha) in quite a while. We haven't had a Charles Manson in a while. The average age of having children is up from what it was when my grandparents were my age. It was once no big deal for 30 year old men to marry 12 year olds. No big deal for 12 year olds to have babies.
    Spousal abuse, child abuse, etc was far more accepted. Prejudice was far more accepted. Racism was understood.
    Drugs haven't gotten any worse today than they were in the 70's lol. In the 70's EVERYONE was on something. Ok, so everyone is these days too, but it's not worse.

So basically - no. No the generations don't get "dirtier". The old folks just get older and think the young folks are worse because they're younger. Just the way it works.
    Perhaps the hood just stays the hood? Kids that grow up in rough environments continue having a hard time adjusting once they've 'got it made'. Just maybe if we spent more time and effort liberating the streets of our own broken towns than some place that 99% of us will never visit we may see some sort of change.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Mugabe and Amin are up there though.

4. SwingOnDeezBalz

SwingOnDeezBalz Banger of Infant Horseys

Keep in mind, my biggest point was about the rich and famous. In the network of those people, there is just more filth then ever before. Maybe not as many births, but MORE anonymous sex because contraceptives are more advanced and easier to obtain!

Is there any doubt that there are more STD's going around and that their effect is more widespread? Is it there any doubt that fewer people attend church now a days, but far more people watch R-rated movies?

People now are not likely to have a single meal a day with their family, but they are likely to have a single alcoholic drink a day by themselves!

Manson was responsible for high-profile murders. He brainwashed young girls into murdering a movie star. There are PLENTY of criminals in the past decade that have done far far far worse than Manson, but they didn't make the national headlines because they didn't kill Julia Roberts, they just raped, killed, and dismembered an unknown person in an urban city.

And FYI, I'm not an old man.

5. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Oh my.

6. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

ah yes... but we did have a saddam hussein, jeffrey dahmer, david koresh, mass abortion(millions murdered depending on who you ask) , a higher rape, murder, violent crime rate than ever, chicago has a higher murder rate than just about any old west town, more child abusers/ molesters than any previous generation... geez... i could go on forever... racism still runs rampant, children no longer have mothers to take care of them because both parents work (many think this totally screws up people sexually), men are losing testosterone and becoming increasingly impotent, women are increasing in testosterone and becomeing increasingly infertile... we have a war going on that didnt start in that country or for reasons that we started fighting at all... 1/3 of a whole continent has AIDS( africa). many africans believe by having sex with a virgin they will be cured of AIDS... leading to enormous rape rates. kids are having sex younger (before they know what love is but think they have it figured out)... etc... need more?

we're ****ed up man.

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

The world population increased from 3 billion in 1959 to 6 billion by 1999, a doubling that occurred over 40 years.

8. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I totally disagree with this statement. They're likely to have several.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Just because we have better kept records of such instances of rape and violence doesn't mean it's more common. Rapes haven't increased. Violence has been bad since the beginning of time. "The more things change, the more they stay the same".
    Now you just have the news to thank for blowing it up and shoving it down your throat more than ever. Abortions just use better technology than coat hangers these days too, lol so records are kept.
    As for STDs, of course they're more widespread than when they began, hence the word "spread". Doesn't mean there's more sex today than there was 40 years ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar