COMING SOON: FXFL

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by JCBRAVE, Aug 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I doubt the Canadians would be interested

for better or worse I think they will stick with their wierdarsed version of gridiron

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

3. JCBRAVE

4. Oilers27

Oilers27 Starter

Canadians do take credit for inventing the most unwatched sport in the Olympics....."Curling" not sure how that wound up there or even called a sport???

5. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

Took a curling class, freshman year of college. Passed.

Still don't know how to play it.

6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Can't say too much about that, though. If Football were an Olympic sport, the US and Canada would be the only countries participating. It has zero international presence.

7. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

Add Mexico to that list.

Mexicans love them some football

8. JCBRAVE

Not true. Something upwards of 60 countries have in some form American Football leagues.

Obviously we would slaughter the completion at first, but I would love to see football grow due to being involved in the Olympics. We could really begin to see "World Champions".

9. nickmsmith

think about it though.. how would their olympic football team be? lol. I bet they enjoy watching it occasionally, but fielding a team? Not for awhile, i bet.

it will probably never be a worldwide accepted sport, unless the NFL goes gangbusters in the next few decades. Don't see it happening.

10. nickmsmith

I could see football being wussified to the point of being unrecognizable, before I could see it being a huge international sport.

Leagues may exist.. but it's a long way from being an international phenomenon, or else the league would have found ways to get it live, or at least televised there.
    Even in London, where Goodell is going hard.. people really don't care. There isn't much buzz. People will go see it once a year because it's a spectacle, but it won't sustain there, IMO.
    The stop and go nature of the sport is boring and uninteresting to them, overall.

Plus, I assume the Olympic committees hate American football. Plus, I guess it would be in the Summer Olympics, and it's a fall sport? A lot of variables, and I don't see it happening. It's pretty much an American phenomenon, with a bit of overlap in Mehico and Canadia.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar