Comcast vs. Bellsouth

Discussion in 'Gear' started by VolnTitan, Jul 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

come again ? I can use mine as long as I want
    what "arbitrary acceptable use policy" ?
    don't just give it a fancy title - what does it refer too ?
    unlimited use ? is that a deceptive claim ? I can't stay on it all day ?

btw ..... if people don't want to pay $50/month for Internet service then they shouldn't ... it's not Comcast's fault that they do
    if you get BellSouth's ExtremeDSL the speeds and pricing are quite similar

2. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

It isn't the phone service I am comparing, just the internet. I am trying to figure out if the difference btwn Comcast and Bellsouth is enough to turn down cheaper service and $250 from Bellsouth.

3. Personally I don't think there is a huge difference for most people. Comcast is faster on a theoretical basis, though that's assuming you are getting their advertised speed. You are sharing that line with other people, so you aren't necessarily getting what you are told up front. The speed of DSL should be pretty much consistent. And the top speed DSL is pretty fast (6Mbps down, 512kbps up).

As for customer service, both are basically monopolies so I don't give any of them too much credit.

4. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

I can't speak on Bellsouth's customer service, just Comcast's. It is horrible. Couple of years ago, they had a problem running our card for the automatic bill pay. Someone there had entered it incorrectly. Instead of contacting me and letting me know, they let it go for about 4-5 months and then called me to say I owed something like $500 or they were going to cut me off. Even after they discovered it was their fault, I still had to pay it in a lump sum AND I had to go up the ladder to 4 or 5 different people before they agreed to waive the late fees AND the reconnect fee. That was about 2 hours I won't get back.

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

^
    you could have told them to get screwed
    I'm not sure there would have been anything they could do

sweat it out a day, then get it turned back on in your wifes name under their current promotion :yes:

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

nobodies CS is worth a damn anymore
    its some kid in a cubicle making $7 an hour eating cheetos reading pre-programmed responses on flip cards

:ha: not really, but I always think that
    last time I called Comcast , I ended up figuring it out before they did

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Comcast online customer service is a joke. I sent an e-mail yesterday asking if the NFL Network would be broadcast in 1080i now that it cost $5 a month to get.

The answer I received had nothing to do with my question. Some canned response about the low number of HD subscribers and some other stuff.

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

^ like I said .... pre-programmed response

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar