Combine Thoughts..Day 2 (QB, WR, RB)

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by NYCTitanfan84, Feb 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Everyone knew the Titans badly needed an offensive playmaker with speed. Most assumed it would be a WR, but the Chris Johnson pick was not a huge surprise.

I just can't see the Titans taking another WR. Britt has loads of potential and the team invested a lot of money in Nate Washington. Damian Williams deserves a shot at getting on the field, too.

Wide receiver is way down the list in terms of needs. As good as Julio Jones may be, I just can't imagine the Titans drafting a WR in round 1, especially not when the team doesn't have a starting quarterback to throw him the ball. The idea is so ridiculous to me that I don't even really think it's worth discussing.

2. joeman546

joeman546 Rookie

It just means that you go after Kolb, Orton, or McNabb.

edit: or a top tier qb that falls to the second isnt a bad idea. the point is that there is no point in takin a qb who isnt good enough for the top ten in the top ten, and julio is good enough not to be a waste. i mean, if all else fails, get him then trade him or britt for a draft pick next year

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Raistmagic

Raistmagic Starter

CJ wasn't even a projected 1st rounder. Everyone said we reached for him and that we didn't address our biggest need.

Furthermore, I don't remember anyone saying that the Titans just need speed. I believe that the consensus was that we needed a #1 receiver. All we did in that draft was decide that none of the guys for the position we needed were worth the pick and CJ was a guy who was high on our board and in the FO's opinion the best available player.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. 24

24 Starter

Wait, how do we know he ran with the fractured foot? He could've injured in the drills.

EDIT: Never mind, the results were from the medical evaluations. Impressive, if only that 4.39 showed up on the field.

5. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Julio jones would be such a terrible pick for this team, honestly.

6. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Why?

7. 24

24 Starter

We have Kenny Britt, Damian Williams, and Marc Mariani, all three have shown immense potential. Not to mention the $27 million contract with Nate Washington.

8. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

I have not seen one news or rumor article saying that we are even looking at WRs... safe to say, no wideouts in the early rounds...
    (that being said, watch... the next day there will be one)

9. soopacee

soopacee I'm Blaine Bishop

this draft will be mostly all DEF......i still say get a DT in 1st and get a qb in 2nd.....i like the idea of drafting a DT and then trying to trade up in the 1st again to get Locker, assuming he wont last to us in 2nd round.....because alot of teams ahead of us need a qb and if they dont get one in the 1st you can guarentee rd 2 is where its at

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar