Combine Performances

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Riverman, Feb 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Yeah, it seems that they never learn for some reason.

2. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

No it won't. But keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better. BTW, don't trust "public" statements by any team at this point in the draft process.

• LOL LOL x 1
  3. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

A trade is likely not going to happen in all honesty. Would I like it to? Of course.....but the smarter thing to do would be to really dig deep and see WHO they are taking and or should take at #2

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Honestly, I'd rather take Waynes at #12. I don't think he makes it to #19 and he's significantly better than any other CB in this draft. I feel as it Dupree may be available at 19 and if he's not there's the option of SS (Thompson + Collins) or WR (Strong + DGB). There's a ton of options at OLB in the 2nd/3rd, lots of depth at that position.

#12: Waynes
    #19: Dupree
    #33: DGB
    #43: Orchard

:headbang:

5. xpmar9x

Bogus. A trade for #2 can absolutely happen... it's actually very likely. There's multiple teams than need a QB, and besides Mariota/Winston there are ZERO options this off-season. There's also two superstar WRs (Cooper + White) that won't be available probably past #10. Could see a team like Minnesota + Cleveland at #11 + #12 looking to potentially trade up. I think a trade for #2 is more likely than a trade not happening, especially with our needs.

If we do stay at #2, i'm 100% in on Fowler.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I'm not saying it may not happen because teams won't want it to....but they will have to give up a whole hell of a lot to do so...Will they be willing to for Mariota? He didn't do bad at all at the combine, but he didn't kill it either. I hope you are right man, I want a trade, but I guess we will see.

7. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

What are your reasoning behind it not happening?

8. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

I think that's my ideal draft. But how many times have the team done exactly want you wanted? If we get 2, ill be happy

9. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

That would be insanity....I can dig it

10. xpmar9x

I guess he killed it in the interviews though, which is an underated aspect of the combine. Front offices want to see how you do with the media and get to know your personality. People see the leadership qualities in Mariota, plus just watch his film.. it's much more important than the combine.

I think the Jets are a legit option for trading up. Chan Gailey is their OC, who prefers a mobile QB and Geno Smith is clearly not the guy. The biggest issue is we need to convince them that Mariota will not be available at #6. At 6 we're setup nicely to take Fowler, Danny Shelton, or Kevin White. Plus, would pickup #37 from this trade back also.

#6: Danny Shelton
    #33: Dorial Green-Beckham
    #37: Nate Orchard

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar