Columbia Blue pants this week?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ROCKYMTNTITAN, Dec 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

Fish said we are wearing what we wore against Philly, and yes the players choose...

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

:banana: yeah baby!!!:nana2: whoop-whoop :nana3:

I love powder blue!

3. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

I thought we kinda' looked like Q-Tips running around out there. LOL

4. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Lets pull out something new, how bout bright red pants, with as colombia blue stripe, and the colombia blue jerseys, oh yeah, I can see it now.......

5. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

They got ditched a mad long time ago, but I think we should bring them back as a 2nd alt, and a 3rd alt as the old Oilers jerseys

6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

7. Well at least we're not stuck with green and yellow, ala, the cheeseheads...

8. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

To suggest that the Packers have ugly uniforms is beyond ridiculous. Those things are football classics.

As for the Titans, a lot of you seem to have a very vague idea about NFL uniform regulations. I became a Titans fan based on their colors, so I guess you can say I am a uniform fan first and a Titans fan second.

The Titans could wear the old Oilers uniforms, but they would have to get permission from the league first. They would also have to get rid of the light blue alternate jerseys in order to do it. Teams are only allowed to have one alternate uniform, and it can only be worn 2 times a year. Some teams choose throwbacks (like the Bills, Browns and Chargers have worn this year). Other teams choose to wear their primary jersey but in a different color (like the Titans' light blue jersey, the Giants' red jersey and the Eagles' black jersey). Those are the only two options.

The Titans' red jersey was never intended to be worn on the field. It was made ONLY to be sold. Clearly, red is only an accent color for the Titans. It always amazes me when fans wear red to the games. That is like going to a Cardinals game dressed all in yellow because there is a tiny amount of yellow in the logo. Another example would be the Seahawks, who use neon green as an accent color. We are unlikely to ever see the Seahawks wearing neon green jerseys, even though they probably sell them.

Interestingly, the league has no policy regarding how many different pant designs a team can wear. Thus, the Titans are one of the only teams ever to have 3 different pants (navy, light blue and white), with not one of the 3 being a throwback.

9. Hooky Hornstein

Hooky Hornstein Camp Fodder

Wow!

A fastidious NFL fashion authority who became a Titans fan because of their colors.

That’s really quite fascinating. I'm impressed.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

don't knock the Aussie colours.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar