Colts VS Titans, how do you 'all see it?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by coltsownyou, Oct 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sappersis

Sappersis "custom user title here"

Are you serious? Lendale was never an option imo

I dont see Lendale as being a longterm asset to the colts. He might have been picked up, but how long would he stay here? (to me it looked like a return of Eric Dickerson, who had a rocky relationship with the colts) I personally just didnt see him fitting into our system for an extended period of time. I can see Joseph up there wtih the likes of Marshal and Edge. I just hope he doesnt have the issues with our franchise or his need for the $$$ that the other two did.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

What was the deal with Faulk anyways?

3. Sappersis

its been so long ago i dont remember exactly how it started, i just remember it was very bad blood and the franchise screwed Faulk. Ask smitty or gray, they are old enough to remember with extremem clarity. (not that 98 was that long ago, but i was still young comparitively)

4. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Seriously? With the horse princess at QB you ask why these guys would want $$? The Colts are carrying his contract around like it is the arch of the covenant and Edge sits bad and is an "OK back" but the team is nothing without her majesty? A colts RB is a sucker to be on the team for much more then a contract as long as Manning is sucking up all the money.

Addia will struggle in the south as your team has to start trimming the fat at WR to escape the cap. A couple decent seasons until the weight gets shifted then the toilet.

5. Sappersis

Your assuming a lot in believing i support the cash we are paying Manning. As far as Edge goes, he left because he wanted more money. I don't look down upon him for it, he was offered a great deal and he took it. Unfort he is now behind a line that isnt able to open up the holes. Maybe things will improve for them maybe they wont. I just hate to watch Edge throw away his chance at a ring, or at the HOF.

I see Addia strugging, as he is just a rookie, but i see great things for him. We are booked at WR. So for a RB, there are better teams to produce. Yet it is a needed position and i believe Addia will fill those needs, maybe even surpase them. Yes we have some big contracts, and probability for Freeney to take up another lump some is high. However I have a great deal of faith in our management, they havent let me down yet.

6. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Sounds like something a Titans fan would've said a few short years ago.

7. Tungtide

Tungtide Just Another Freak

Ditto wplatham. Sappersis, enjoy it now because the clock is ticking. There was a time in this town when Reese and Fisher could do no wrong. By the way, Eddie George left to make more money, as did Steve McNair. The salary cap is not forgiving. Hell, in a few years Peyton could be a salary cap casualty...maybe he'll play at Tennessee...Hmm...
    By the way, I've got to tip my hat to the photo Coltsownyou. That's a hoot.

8. Sappersis

oh i remember the times when the colts couldnt get anything going. Been a fan of them my hole life, believe me i remember. Doesnt mean i disagree with anything they have done in recent years. (well aside from Vinny, but thats really my only platform)

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I am a big proponent of personal fouls being committed on Gayton every single snap. Not a problem for me at all as a Titan fan, of course I ain't claiming to be classy and such either.

I say Sirmon should take as many Tim-meh steps as he needs and plant Gayton first play would help in a number of ways. First by actually making Gayton aware he is in a football game, two hopefully Sirmon will be ejected and Tulluck can play MLB. Third, heck the dolts would have gotten 15 on the second snap anyways so no big whoop on the field position.

10. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

It is not an assumption it is a fact. Like it or hate it you are stuck with it. Would you give up Manning? No, so you are like the guy who will complain about the price of concert tickets then pay triple that from a scalper because you did not want to wait in line. If you want the guy on the team that is the price. If you don't take that podium but I think you would be one of few standing there.

You talk about Edge with grandeur but blasted him in your original post you gave the $$ as the reason he left and you hoped that Addia would not want the big money. So you are hoping Addia is a chump and does not realize his talent? He will probably not even ask for big money and your front office will just assume that they can stick anyone in a jersey back there.

**Rhodes* couch** :banned:

How long until Harrison or Wayne break up. No more then 2 years is my best guess. No TDs for Harrison this season. Played some bad teams ..... He does not score against us how long do you think he will be pleasant Mr. Harrison? I respect the guy but no TDs when you are a player at his caliber? I doubt he will be vocal in the media but I bet he has something to say to the Horse Princess. Once they split you have Stokley as a #2 (maybe) no running game.

Enjoy the Titans rebuild it will be a fleeting moment not marred by any AFC South Super Bowls.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar