Colts @ Titans Postgame Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

it was. my mistake.
    I need to edit my post.

2. moose4now

moose4now Starter

So could've the first one.

When will teams ever learn. You don't turn the ball over to Peyton Manning at, or near, midfield. After they turned it over on fourth down, Peyton drove it down field for six points.

I guess nobody from the Titans saw what happened to New Orleans last week when Sean Payton did the same thing. :rolleyes:

3. Only saw him once today, looked fine to me, apart from not catching the ball, but Scaife is the starter and it will stay that way

4. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

Colts Hold Off Titans 22-20

SUMMARY: QB Vince Young completed 15 of 23 passes for 164 yards and one touchdown and RB LenDale White rushed for 64 yards and his first career score as the Titans came up short to the Colts 22-20. Colts QB Peyton Manning threw for 312 yards and RB Joseph Addai had 81 yards on 20 attempts. The Titans had an opportunity to win the game as they started the final drive on its own 20 with 1:38 left. But Rob Bironas never got a chance to duplicate his heroics from last November as Tennessee fumbled on 4th and 4 from the Colts 47. The Titans fought back from a 16-6 lead by the Colts at the half with a solid defensive effort the second half which included an interception of Manning by Cortland Finnegan.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

5. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

So close. Just needed a little more mojo at the end...

6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Good Job Brandon Jones.

BJ...how fitting, considering he SUCKED.

7. Sannyasin

Sannyasin Guest

Jones should have caught that ball, but let's be clear. It was way over his headed and he was reaching against the momentum of his body.

Some of that culpability has to go to Vince's accuracy.

Still Vince played well. We had a shot against the super bowl champs and we are into the weak part of the schedule now. We need to be 5-2 or 6-1 after this stretch. Let's go guys, nothing to get down about over this game.

8. Sannyasin

Sannyasin Guest

Lendale should have gotten a lot more run this game. He had good runs on almost every single play.

9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

the Davis fumble didn't really hurt us, right after that, Vinatieri missed the FG.

It's The BJ dropped pass, the unsportsmanlike Conduct call, and just simply the inability to put it in the end zone when we're in the RZ that killed us.

The defense did pretty well considering how young they are and how good the Colts' offense is.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The penalty by Vince and the facemask by Lowry cost them big. Of course, the Davis fumble hurt as well. The Titans are not good enough to make those kinds of mistakes and win against a team as good as the Colts.

I still can't believe the FG that went through.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar