Colts @ Titans OGT

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Oct 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Like last week, we'll be having our gameday chat in the chat room. You can visit there by going to http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/misc.php?do=cchatbox.

You can also use the chat from the index page of the forum. It auto-refreshes every 15 seconds.

When I get back from the game, I'll turn back on the forum for posting.

2. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

last week the chat also went down, how does having the chat help the server?

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

kearse is a healthy scratch tonight. william hayes starts in his place.

4. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

finny is out also.

we are in trouble.

5. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Can't really gripe about Cecil after this one. Defensive game-plan looked great. I would have liked to have seen some blitzing, but it is Peyton Manning. Our players got gassed way too fast, and technique is still laughable. I put that on Fisher. He ran too soft of a camp before the season.

QB? Try quarterback, no less than one guard, a center, a defensive tackle, a defensive end, and a corner. These should keep Reinfeldt busy over next offseason. Don't want to look at next season? Tough. This team isn't going to just come together and reel off the next eleven games. Even that may not be enough.

That said, I still want to enjoy this season. I know Fisher is probably too stubborn, but if we're going to lose games, I'd like to see us do it in style. Experiment with different players. Experiment with different schemes. Get creative with special teams. Hell, always onside kick or squib. Who knows, maybe we'll finish the season strong. It would be nice to go into next season on a winning streak.

/End Rant

6. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

For one I thought the defensive gameplan was horrible and secondly, how do you not change your gameplan when it's obviously not working??

1.04 left in the 2nd starting at their own 7, yes we did get 2 stupid penalties for 30 yards, but Manning was carving up our prevent defence anyway. Yet we come out and play the exact same defence the entire 3rd quarter (didn't get to see the 4th)... 4 man straight rush, no blitz, no line stunts. Unbelievable!

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

We were amazed up in the stands how deep the safeties were playing. I assume it was to help the rookie CBs vs. the deep ball but the holes in the zone were massive. Peyton was throwing darts.

The only way to beat the Colts is to keep Manning on the sideline. The only way to do that is run the football and string together first downs.

8. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Safeties were deep but corners actually weren't playing ten yards off, and the coverage was better. Our guys just got tired - out-muscled.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar