Colts @ Titans: A rundown of first half mistakes

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Oct 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Manning completed 16 passes in a row at one stage.

2. RTH

RTH Meh...

The one thing I noticed while watching the game - keep in mind I only get to watch the Nationally Televised ones here in Cinci - was CJ's ill-advised running.

He's become the only successful aspect of the Titan's offense and it's starting to look like he realizes this. Instead of running straight for some yardage, I saw him going east/west instead of north/south... trying to juke defenders and make something happen.

Sure, that's great when he breaks that one long run... but how about the other 15 attempts?

Time to split carries again with White and let him run north/south... if CJ continues on this path, I fear for his future as a star running back. You can't run like that continuously and be successful.

I honestly think it's mainly because he's the only supposed dimension to the offense, though. With his speed, he needs to shoot the gaps - big or small. Professional NFL Defensive Players know how to close on any speedy player with the right angle.

CJ MUST not learn this habit.

3. AH3

AH3 Rookie

I'm not too worried about our running game. I think the struggles there are just a product of our terrible passing game. We certainly have the talent at receiver- Washington and Britt are good players and Britt has great potential. I know they have had some drops, but that can be fixed. Something is wrong when I get more excited about a potential big play on any routine hand off to CJ than on an obvious passing play. And if there's ever pressure on KC, you can be sure the ball is sailing out of bounds every time. Sadly, that's the way of the Titans now.

Why can't we play with some guts like the Jets do? Two fake punts already just tonight! We only try that stuff in the preseason. What Rex Ryan is doing over there is brilliant and that team has a very bright future. I think the players feed off of Ryan's confidence in them to make the risky play. It's almost like Fisher doesn't trust anyone to make a play and forces them to just do the predictable thing.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Anyone watch the Fins OL last night? They were blowing the Jets back three yards on most plays in the fourth quarter. It didn't matter how many they put in the box.

5. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

:ha:
    Maybe JF and MH need to study the film for THAT game rather than anything on the Cheatriots this week.
    The Jets DL was shoving our OL back three yards...no matter how few they put in the box.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar