Colts sign TY Hilton to extension

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Thaddeus43, Aug 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

They won the games they were asked to win in the playoffs, and lost to a clearly superior team. I can't find much fault with that, seeing as how our team can't even get to the playoffs, and when we do, we routinely fall flat.

The Pats also play in a horrible division.. It's the way it goes. With Manning out of the AFCS, it was supposed to be the Titans' time to shine.

The Colts, if they are lucky enough to bypass the Pats in the playoffs, can be a Super Bowl contender. They made Manning and the Broncos look foolish in all phases.
    The AFC is weakening by the day. Steelers are on the way down, Pats don't have much longer, Ravens are consistent.. But in a short time, there won't be a dominant force like the Steelers/Ravens/Colts/Pats were in the past decade.

It's crazy not to believe that a team that earned their way into the AFC Championship couldn't be a legit contender, if they can get the right set of teams to play against. With Brady out 4 games, maybe this year is it.

You can't fault the Colts for their lousy division, just like you can't fault the Pats for the Jets, Bills, and Dolphins being crappy. Winners make it, and losers find ways to lose.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

1st of all, I never faulted the Colts for getting to the AFCC game last year ... I fault the fans/media here in Indy (where I live) for ASSUMING that the Colts will be in the AFCC again this year like their ticket has already been booked. Literally, the media here talks as if they are already in the AFCC game, and they are just waiting to see who there opponent will be.

All I am saying is, it is a long season. The Colts aren't consistently beating playoff teams during the regular season. They are thriving off of lesser teams, and getting beat by the better teams more often than not ... nothing wrong with winning the games you should win, but I am just saying that they could just as easily be a 1 and done team as they could a SB team ... thats a point that the Colts fans don't seem to get.

Never did I say they aren't a legit contender. I agree that they are.

3. Thaddeus43

And yes, the Pats do benefit from a weak division as well, but they also beat nearly every other team they face year in and year out. Its not like they win all division games and split the rest.

4. The Bukafax

The Bukafax Starter

Lmao, Steelers are not on the way down. I would be shocked if the Steelers didn't make it to the final 4 for AFC teams. I myself am putting them in the bowl vs the Pack.

They are transitioning their defence is all. Their O is better and more potent then ever. They are going to put up crazy numbers this year.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Roethlisberger does not have long left in this league. I'm talking about the next decade... Not necessarily this year itself. Who do they have on tap to replace him when his time comes, soon?

6. The Bukafax

The Bukafax Starter

Who does any team have on tap to replace any top 10 QB? Just one of those things you gotta wait and see. Their whole O is young outside of him. They have lots of potential.

7. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

Antonio Brown- 3rd best reciever in the NFL

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  8. The Bukafax

The Bukafax Starter

Martavis Bryant has potential too. Le'veon Bell is gonna be top 5 back his whole career.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  9. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Yeah, the Steelers are my pick to come out of that division- whole lot of talent over there.

10. Thaddeus43

With the rules now, and the way good QBs seem to play until they are almost 40 years old these days (who knows, Manning/Brady might play past 40), I would say Big Ben has at least 5 good years left in him. Thats half of the next decade right there.

I don't expect the Steelers to be bad for a while.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar