Colts sign TY Hilton to extension

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Thaddeus43, Aug 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Andre Johnson is 34, he's at the end of his rope

2. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

They can't win big with their best players being paid pennies on the dollar of what they are worth.

The Colts management is awful. They fell ass backwards into a franchise QB. But they are more clueless than our ding dong FO. IMO.

• LOL LOL x 1
  3. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

True, but my point is this ... The passing game is not what is holding the Colts back from being a SB team. So throwing more money AND draft picks at a position that is already one of your strongest doesn't seem to make since. Its not like Luck is going to go from a 4000 yd/year passer to a 5000 yd/year passer because of 1 WR. His numbers will look pretty much the same.

What is holding the Colts back from being a SB team, is the D and running game. And yet they have done little to address those things. I know they added Frank Gore, but c'mon he is 32 years old (ancient for a RB) and will be running behind a weaker line that he probably ever has in his entire career.

Don't get me wrong, I love to see the Colts sinking their money into the wrong spots.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Thaddeus43

On a side note,

Its funny listening to the sports radio here in Indy. Everyone already has the Colts playing in the championship game like it is a forgone conclusion. The only thing they are worried about here is "are we gonna play the Broncos or Pats in the Championship game"

I guess they don't remember that they drew the luckiest path to the Championship game last year (Bengals game 1, Broncos and the depleted Manning rd 2). If they would've been matched up against the Steelers or Ravens round 1, then they are likely a 1 and done team.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Thaddeus43

Also I heard a stat the other day that the Colts are 17-13 when playing teams outside of the AFC south ... Basically they feast on our crappy division, and are just above average against the rest of the NFL. What makes them think they are ready for the SB?

If 1 or 2 teams step up in the AFCS, then the Colts are likely a 8-8 or 9-7 team every year.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I have always been reluctant to praise the Colts, youre right about them beating up on the little teams..

But the reason they overpaid Hilton is because the FA WR market next year is thin, if Andre Johnson retires and they lose Hilton then what?

7. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

More than I'd give him but I understand locking him up. They're gonna be tight cap wise one Luck gets paid.

8. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Yup..my first thought was bye bye kendall. He could get 12-15 mill a year as a free agent. Not worth.it.

9. RTH

RTH Meh...

Golden boy will probably take minimum.

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I'd have to see the structure of it, but this might be a Mike Wallace type of bad contract. One trick pony. Also he's not as consistent as people like to think. Boom or bust player. Not dominant every week... only when he gets single coverage and burns the corner.

Stats suggest he's in an elite group, but they're misleading.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar