Colts red zone defense great during win streak

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Dec 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky

No surprise: The Colts are the league's best team at scoring touchdowns once they reach the red zone, getting six points 71.9 percent of the time it crosses the opponents 20.

Moderate surprise: They are fourth in red zone touchdown defense, allowing six points just 42.1 percent of the time.

Big surprise: During their current five-game winning streak, they are really clamping down defensively in the red zone.

ESPN Stats & Analysis provided these numbers, which shows Indianapolis is only allowing touchdowns 35.3 percent of the time over the last five games, when they've help opponents to 2.2 yards per play.

Colts Red Zone Defense (Last 5 Weeks) WeekOppDrivesTDFGYds/PlayRushesYdsCompAttYdsSacksYds9 vs. NE41 3 2.7 6 22 5 7130010at PIT32 1 3.99 23 1 1160011vs. HOU 4 222.4 10213421 1-612 at SD 3 1 10.8 5 53312 1 -1013 at CLE3 02 0.6 41123 1 0Last 5 17 69 2.2 34 72 13 17 65 3 -16Non-scoring drives: Fumble in Week 12, missed field goal in Week 13 Things may get better: Sunday the Colts host Cincinnati and the Bengals are hardly a great scoring offense -- from in or out of the red zone.

More...

2. Amishboy

Amishboy Camp Fodder

This story after a game in which they scored 3 points against the Browns.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

^It's the Colts. I think it's hilarious that since their streak ESPN is trying to draw comparisons to the 2006 superbowl team.

4. Amishboy

Amishboy Camp Fodder

I know. If that had been us with that performance against the Browns our season would have been over. Hell our season is over as far as most of them our concerned. We lost a game. That freaking Steve Young last night running his trap. He makes me sick. He was talking up the Colts last night after the game. I couldn't believe how they were talking about them getting back on track. They scored 3 points against the Browns. It looks to me like the wheels are falling off.

The talking heads are so stupid. The Jets beat us then they were the best. Then the Jets lost and the Steelers beat the Patriots so now they're the best. **** I hope Houston Just wins out and wins the Super Bowl. Just to watch the bobble heads self implode.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar