Colts Listening To Trade Offers for Freeney

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by pettso, Mar 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pettso

pettso Starter

2. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I'd be all for getting Freeney as an experienced vet DE but like you said we would have to re-work that $14 Million. No way he's worth a pick to get him AND pay him that much.

They say they won't just give him away for nothing but I honestly don't think they're willing to pay him that much money so once no one trades for him he will probably be cut like Peyton.

3. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I think he's the guy our FO will target. He's obviously going to be released...and when he is released, we need to pounce. He is worth every cent. He will free up the whole D-line and create mismatches throughout. If we have to break the bank, let's do it with Freeney.

The very last thing this team needs is more journeymen in free agency. We need results and we need them fast. Three journeymen (and their salaries) won't do anything but waste money and ultimately waste time. We know what we are getting with Freeney and I think we should strike.

4. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I wouldn't be willing to give up a 3rd (we need to draft DE, DT & OL first 3 picks) but a 4th or 5th for sure. If he's released, we should pounce as mentioned.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The search tool is your friend.

6. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

Freeney isn't anything better than a rotational pass-rusher. Good for 3rd downs and obvious passing downs.

I think we'd rather get a DE that can actually stop run while being able to pass rush at the price he'd demand.

Abraham is a much better option considering.

7. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Reasons why giving up our #20 pick is stupid:

1. Freeney is 32. He's not going to play much longer. Maybe 4 or 5 years tops. A rookie coming in would be around age 22 and would have a much longer career with us. It would take a rookie 10 years to get to the age that Freeney is now.

2. We wouldn't have to pay a rookie DE the big money Freeney would want. One good thing to come out of the lockout was the rookie wage scale.

3. We don't know if this will be the year where Freeney's age will catch up with him. What if we give up our 1st round pick and he's not the same player?

4. Drafting is always a risk. We could end up with another Derrick MOrgan, but we could also end up with a Jason Pierre Paul. That prospect in itself is reason enough not to trade our 1st round pick.

All that being said. I might trade a 4th rounder for him. I love the idea of him being on our team. Just not for a 1st rounder. Those are worth gold in the NFL.

8. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Hahahahahahahaa ... is he being serious?!?! What an idiot.

He is worth a look once he is released, but I wouldn't give up a pick for him. Not after the way the FO drafted last year, and because he will most likely be released anyway

9. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

I think we should trade for Freeny, then sign Manning. Once we have Manning, Reggie Wayne will probably come here cheap. Then we pick up Dallas Clark and go after Bullet and Bracket. WE CAN FINALLY FEEL LIKE WINNERS!!!!!!!!

:sarcasm:

:coltssuk:

10. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

no f'ing way you blow your #20 pick on a 32 year old DE.

2nd rnd maybe but I'd push for a 3rd and 4th or 5th

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar