Colts like initial contribution of DT Johnson

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Nov 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky Phil Richard had an interesting item at the very bottomÂ*of the Indianapolis Star's Colts notebook today.

He said while defensive tackle Antonio Johnson had no stat line in the stat book from the Colts-Steelers game Sunday that the team's coaches credited Johnson with eight tackles.

That is such a discrepancy, I thought the stat book might have included a mistake. But I spoke with someone in the league's PR office Thursday afternoon and they checked on it, and there is no discrepancy.

It's silly the way tackles work in the NFL - it's such a fundamental element of the game, it seems like it should somehow be codified and universal. Instead it's open to interpretation. SoÂ*a stat crew that doesn't think Antonio Johnson worthy of a single tackle can then see a coaching staff breakdown award eight. Some coaching staffs are relatively loose with their criteria for a tackle, others are tougher.

Who's right? Who knows?

But it seems safe to say Johnson's coaches thought they got a nice contribution from him Johnson in his first game after he was signed off the Titans practice squad.

Tony Dungy said today he thought Johnson played somewhere around 25 snaps.

"He was in on a lot of running plays, in running situations," he said. "He did a good job for us for his first game... He does some things that we have missed [in] not having Ed (Johnson) and Quinn (Pit****). He gives us a big body who's an active guy, an athletic, big guy and we haven't had that. I think he has a chance to help us."

More...

2. omahacolt

omahacolt Starter

thanks titans

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Eh he looked unremarkable to me, regardless of whoever's stats are quoted. Not very quick/fast, which is something coveted in both the Titans and Colts schemes.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

just repaying you guys for thornton :grrhee:

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Stupid Colts. Stealing our Mookie.

6. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

take him, we've got the division locked

7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Oh man, I really miss Pit****.

He's my friend on facebook. What an idiot for throwing it away, All signings pointing to that he wanted to spend more time with his girlfriend.

8. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Jake Scott.....there Ugoh.Oh nos.:wink2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar