Colts Game?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by #90, Dec 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titans4life10

titans4life10 Camp Fodder

If Steelers win out(which means beat Titans) they get it, period. If Steelers only win 1 of those games, and Titans win 1 of their 2, they get it...Titans 13-3, Steelers 12-4. Thats why I said Titans only need to win 1, as where Steelers need 2. Confusing I know, and losing last week made it worse.

So breakdown

Titans vs. Steelers Sunday - Titans win they clinch, Steelers win they have tiebreaker, Loss takes Steelers out

Week 17

Steelers vs. Browns - Steelers clinch w/ win and win from week before, loss takes Steelers out

Titans vs. Colts - Titans clinch w/ win here and Steeler loss, if Steelers beat Titans, records will be 13-3 to 12-4

If Titans beat Steelers this week, its done...thats why I said Titans only need 1 Win, 2 Wins wont matter either way...its all determined to if Steelers lose any of their last 2.

Edit: For simplicity If Steelers lose, Titans only need 1 win in two weeks....doesnt matter which game Steelers lose, doesnt matter which game Titans win

2. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Why are so many people appear confused when it comes to this subject? :ha:

Its really easy. Don't complicate things by reading too deep into it..

Obviously the team with the better record gains HFA regardless of who wins or loses next week's game.

But if however both the Titans and Steelers end the season with the same 13-3 or 12-4 record, the team that won the week 16 game wins HFA based on the tie breaking rule which says: Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the (two) clubs).

Here are ALL possible scenarios:

- Titans beat Steelers and beats the Colts.. while the Steelers loses to us but beat the Browns. Our record would be 14-2 and they would be 12-4, so we gain HFA.

- Titans beat Steelers and beats the Colts.. while the Steelers loses to both us and the Browns. Our record would be 14-2 and they would be 11-5, so we gain HFA.

- Titans beat the Steelers, but loses to the Colts.. while the Steelers loses to us but beats the Browns, our record would then be 13-3 and they would be 12-4 so we obviously gain HFA.

- Titans loses to the Steelers but beats the Colts.. while the Steelers beats us and beats the Browns. Titans record would be 13-3, and Steelers would be 13-3, but the Steelers gain HFA based on the tie breaking rule which favors them because they beat us in week 16

- Titans loses to the Steelers but beats the Colts.. while the Steelers beats us but loses to the Browns. Titans record would be 13-3, and Steelers would be 12-4 so we win.

- Titans loses to both the Steelers and Colts.. while the Steelers beats us but loses to the Browns. Titans record would be 12-4, and Steelers record would also be 12-4, but yet again the Steelers would gain HFA based on the tie breaking rule which favors them because they beat us in week 16.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Amishboy

Amishboy Camp Fodder

BUT, I've been looking at the teams that may be in and who would be seeded where and I think the number two seed may be better off. Number one may be playing the Ravens or Dolphins. I just feel like the last team in may be the worst team to face.

The number two seed looks to have a better chance of home field throughout because the number one seed may lose their first game.

4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

There's no way it's better to be the #2 seed. You can't count on the Steelers losing.

Going to Pittsburgh for the AFC Championship is not a matchup any team wants.

5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I agree, but Titans v. Steelers AFC championship won't happen, whether we get homefield or not.

Looking at the odds, it's highly unlikely..but I need to look up the formula.

I think it's a 1 in 36 chance that we play..If i'm doing it right, but I may not.

1/6 chance we make it.. 1/6 chance PIT makes it..

6x6=36

or maybe it's 6x2, 12.

either way 1/12 chance to play is pretty unlikely as well.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

My math is bad but because two of the six teams are eliminated after the first week, it's 1/6 we meet the Steelers again (assuming the remaining four teams were equal).

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

We don't play ourselves, so it's 1/5th (from a Tennessee Titans perspective).

In terms of Tennessee and Pittsburgh making it, it is 2/12ths (which it 1/6th).

I think that is right.

8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

okay got it. That's still not very good odds.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Assuming it's Indy, Pitt, Den and Ten.

The AFC Championship could be:

Indy vs. Pitt
    Indy vs. Den
    Indy vs. Tenn
    Den vs. Pit
    Den vs. Ten
    Pit vs. Ten

1/6 ;)

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

There is a 1/3 (2/6) chance any team makes the playoffs, including the two wild card teams.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar